Field Services Controller
Siemens - TurboCare, Inc.
Summary of Controller's duties: To direct the financial affairs for three operations, prepare financial statements and analyses, maintain the company's system of accounts, and keep books and records on all company transactions and assets. Managing, compensating, communicating performance and directing a staff of 5.
- Establishing major economic objectives and policies for the corporation, and oversee the enforcement of these objectives and policies.
- Preparation of internal and external reports in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Responsible for tax compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate, payrolls, and other applicable taxes.
- Furnish, revise, and update internal reports, and provide external reports when necessary.
- Annually evaluate and suggest insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
- Work closely with other department heads on accounting and budgetary matters.
- Ensure that all QA related procedures related to Finance are adhered to.
Initiate controls and actions necessary to assure the quality and safety of all Company assets.
- Promote investments by the Company in all those activities which are intended to improve product quality and safety and enhance the value of the company.
Play an integral part in the Cost of Quality program.
Ensure that all compliance related initiatives/policies are adhered to.
Initiate and follow-up on any observed system non-conformance and suggest corrective action.
Participate in contract reviews as required.
Summary of Project Coordination Management duties: Hiring, training, managing, compensating, communicating performance and directing a staff of 8 project coordinators. The main objective of this group is to assist our field personnel with onsite jobs around the world.
- Set policies/procedures/templates for use in updating internal and external customers on job progression. Including but not limited to:
- Cost (internal); price (external)
- Time keeping
- Schedule updates and changes
- Change Authorizations
- Invoicing (Time and Material)
- Travel Related issues
Assign coordinators to facilitate each project based on the job, their particular skills, and workload.
Work with contract labor providers to facilitate procurement of specialized labor and services.
- Work within corporate (manufacturing) ERP system to implement workarounds to fit our (service) business processes into the system; minimizing its inherent limitations.
The projects we are involved in are worldwide. I have to be aware of local customs, laws and requirements that affect these projects; as well as interfacing with the International Managers of TurboCare/Siemens.