Alpla is an Austrian based company manufacturing plastic containers for clients including L'Oreal, Unilever, Sara Lee, Coca Cola, Shell and BP. The company has 119 subsidiaries in 34 countries with 10 000 employees.
Reporting directly to the UK Managing Director, responsible for:
- Running the HR and payroll function across 6 manufacturing sites in the UK.
- Overseeing and managing the HR Managers in completing year end payroll reports for each site and collating information for the Inland Revenue.
- Directing and leading on redundancy and restructuring programmes.
- Providing support at various intervals (both on site and remotely) to various factories in North America at the request of the Global Project Manager.
- As part of the senior management team in the Company, responsible for writing and implementing new and revised policies and processes into the business.
- Advising on employment law matters.
- Project managing the implementation of the first HR software system from inception to completion.
- Working directly with the Company H & S consultant to provide H & S training, carry out risk assessments and ensure employees and Company abided by industry H & S regulations.
- Working as the H & S co-ordinator for the Company.
- Directing the preparation and maintenance of monthly and periodic reports of team as are necessary to carry out the functions of the department. Preparing monthly periodic reports for the Board, as necessary, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
- Heading up recruitment campaigns for management placements across UK sites, including 2 senior management positions in America and 2 UK factory start ups.
- Working with, and building up, relationships with locally recognized trade unions. Chaired a number of trade union meetings during redundancy consultations.
- Lead on talent mapping and succession planning.
- Monitoring Employee Equity and Diversity to ensure policies adhered to.
- Lead on restructuring programs carried out across the site to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
- Introduced and wrote bi-monthly company newsletter for the company.