Bilingual professional in business administration, graduated in private finance with high managerial, making decisions and leadership skills. Advance knowledge in finance, International Financial Reporting Standards, US GAAP, company valuation, consolidation of financial statements, ERP’s implementation, strategy and administration; wide experience and knowledge directing and managing finance, administrative and commercial departments.University teaching experience developed since 1997.
AWARDS AND HONORS
COLEGIAL DE NUMERO.Universidad del Rosario academic excellence award (Member of the Council in charge of electing the university principal). 1994
U.S EMBASSY HONOR VISITOR. Award granted by the United States Embassy in Bogota directed to outstanding professionals. 1997
Other Language:English (Understanding, writing and speaking level: 95%)
Jan 2008 - Dec 2008
Consolidation and Accounting Policy Manager
- I was in charge of the reorganization of the financial reporting system in Atento Group.The new reporting scheme was equipped with control structures and mechanisms required to guarantee the quality and opportunity of the information coming from the subsidiaries.
- My management was focused on those countries where Atento Group works so I became in the technical and control reference of the Latin America and Europe subsidiaries accounting departments.
- I was responsible for putting into operation a new reporting and consolidation system and for adopting new control and application schemes of accounting policies under IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards).
- I was also responsible for the relationship with external corporate auditors (Ernst & Young).
- The department I had in charge of was the accounting and financial information main supplier within the Atento Group process to exit to stock market (Madrid Stock Market).
- In general, I participated in the Atento Group making decision process where an accounting criteria was required under IFRS or when those decisions could have had a deep impact on the consolidated financial statements.
- I worked as advisor in the ERP (SAP) implementing and updating process in Atento Colombia and Atento Brasil subsidiaries.
Sep 2006 - Dec 2007
Reporting and International Accounting Manager
- I managed, directed, coordinated and controlled the whole accounting information making process based upon the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).The reporting of the whole accounting and financial information was one of my main duties.
- In the development of my management, I supplied the conceptual basis for accounting the economical facts produced by the business activity of the company by applying the International Financial Reporting Standards.
- I was responsible for the strict compliance on reporting the financial results on time, meeting the corporate requirements (quality and timing).
- The coordination with other departments regarding the appropriate accounting treatment, information supply and workflow, adjusted to IFRS criteria, was one of the most important keys for achieving the quality in accounting and reporting goals.
- I was functional manager for setting up and implementing an ERP tool (SAP) in this company.This project was achieved at the same time with other subsidiaries and was executed in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
May 2004 - Sep 2006
I was responsible for managing, directing, planning and controlling the activities of financial department of the company (accounting, treasury, financial planning, project evaluation, analytic accounting, billing and credit, and reporting to corporate level).
I was in charge of the methodological implementation of the Balance Score Card model designed to accurately measure the results of each business activity and its contribution to global results.
I was also responsible for the budget administration and control and for the financial planning activities. Within this set of activities, I created a financial analytic model for establishing the fair value of the company fixed assets.
The suitable cash flow management to support the operating business activities in a very complex environment was one of my main goals achieved.
In general terms, the financial department was totally repositioned and the quality of the service to the internal customer was deeply increased.
May 2002 - Apr 2004
National Sales and Customer Service Manager
·Responsible for the conception, creation and execution of commercial strategies,customer service and distribution strategies aiming to growth the circulation of the company editorial products.
·Responsible for the subscription and newsstand sales.I was in charge of the sales team, the information department, the distribution and logistic department, and the customer service department.
·The creation and development of market penetration strategies in 2003 through alternative distribution canals lead El Espectador, Cromos magazine and Shock magazine to growth their total circulation (95%, 25% and 32%, respectively).
·The adoption of Optional Sale modality (category of products with newspaper brand sold separately from it) generated positive revenues to the firm (250 millions in second half of 2003).
·The planning and execution of the new newspaper distribution structure in newsstands in Bogotá lead to decrease the canal combined cost from 70% to 45% in 2003.
·I was in charge ofthe setup and implanting process of SD SAP R/3 module as the functional leader.
Jul 1997 - Apr 2002
·Responsible for the whole financial planning process between 1998 and 2001
·I was in charge of controlling and managing the fixed assets investment and thefinance and account information making process.
·I was in charge of developing financial and economical studies of new products and projects.
·Responsible for the cash flow management that supports the business activity.
·I was responsible for implementing a budget methodology for improving the financial contribution and performance of each department.
·A core work was the creation and development of financial spreadsheet models useful for the short/long term financial forecasting process of the firm.
·Ideveloped business ratios and indicators needed for measuring the strategic goals.
Jul 1996 - Jun 1997
Foreign Currency Treasurer
Banco Mercantil de Colombia S.A.
·Responsible for the USD cash flow management used by the bank on its international trade operations through the correspondent banks located overseas. The negotiation of long term business relationship terms and conditions with these banks was an important usual task as well.
·Observation and analysis on economical aspects as the exchange rate, interest rates, money supply and national economical evolution.
·I was in charge of developing the Strategic Planning of Correspondent banking and Treasury Department.
·I created and implemented statistical models used on USD cash flow management
·Responsible for investing the USD cash flow liquidity excesses