Commercial Manager and Country Head
QATAR AIRLINES, Baku, Azerbaijan·
Lead team of 25 in strategically developing and maximizing returns from existing markets to increase short- and long-term revenue opportunities for company. Design, update, and launch marketing strategies in line with tactical and brand-awareness objectives, as well as current market characteristics and trends. Identify and pursue new opportunities in emerging market. Formulate and introduce commercial policies aimed at maintaining market leadership of company. Negotiate and close long-term contracts with corporate and travel trade. Analyze and leverage revenue management data to support and strengthen strategy development process. Manage budget and funding. Conduct regular evaluations to ensure all objective and priorities are being met or exceeded.
- Delivered year on year 8% revenue increase for company via aggressive marketing strategies that aggressively targeted corporate businesses.
- Drove 35% increase in passengers while convincing upper management to increase flights from daily to double to expand revenue-making opportunities.
- Launched incentive program for B2B lines, overlooked all partnership and loyalty membership action plans.
- Restructured staffing to improve employee satisfaction and reduce turnover. Led initiative to eliminate internal fraud.
- Charged with identifying, developing, and executing the means to drive customers to book Qatar Airways through direct channels while optimizing the relationships with third party channels.
- Business development to negotiate and close long-term contracts with major corporations while balancing company objectives exceeding customer satisfaction