The Cave Muscat
Currently working and joined in the esteemed organization " Cave Muscat " project that is the "largest man made cave in the world" under the Falcon tourism and directly involved project of the Ministry of Tourism(Oman),since June 2014 as Head Chef.
- Overall responsibility for daily operations in the kitchen.
- Liaising with purchasing companies for food orders.
- Maintaining or raising the profit margins on food
- Producing menus and new dishes.
- Managing, training and recruiting a brigade of chefs .
- Meets and exceeds company Food GP budget
- Order or requisition food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Recruit and hire staff, including cooks and other kitchen workers.
- Analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor, and overhead costs.
- All kitchen staff to be trained on dish specification and how to achieve food margins Determine how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
- Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Instruct cooks and other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Meet with customers to discuss menus for special occasions such as weddings, parties, and banquets.
- Meet with sales representatives in order to negotiate prices and order supplies.
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes and menus, taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and the likely number of customers.
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
- Record production and operational data on specified forms.
- Coordinate planning, budgeting, and purchasing for all the food operations within establishments such as clubs, hotels, or restaurant chains.