Manager - Finance & Accounts
Apr 2013 - Present
FIITJEE Limited is a public limited company. It is the largest educational institution providing mentoring & training to the student in their pursuit of clearing entrance examination for IITJEE & NTSE and other related competitive examination.
- Ensuring conduct of monthly internal audits and collection of reports from all centres.
- Review & analysis of IA reports and making a consolidated IA report for presentation to the Financial Controller & CFO.
- Understanding the gaps and fulfilling them by ensuring existence of a smooth system & process and working on irregularities found in monthly internal audit reports.
- Training the centre accountants in respect of maintenance of accounts and records as per internal audit requirements and reporting to corporate.
- Periodic review of the Internal Auditors checklist for centre audits and update.
- Updation and preparation of SOPs as per management requirement.
Finance & Accounts
- Handling accounts payable function with a team of 5 for FIITJEE Ltd. and 4 other group companies.
- Inventory & warehouse management.
- Fixed Asset Management including vendor negotiation, procurement & accounting.
- Maintain Fixed Asset Register & calculate depreciation as per Companies Act.
- Routine vendor invoice processing as per laws of the land & company policy.
- Part of core team for implementing merger & consolidation of FIITJEE Group Companies.
- Paper purchase & tracking its utilisation at printer location.
- Production planning vis-à-vis centre requirement for study modules.
- Responsible for audit of payables, inventory & fixed assets.
- Assisting internal audit team to manage the local operations for all 55 centres in India.
- Managing Fixed Assets worth INR 200 crores spread across India.
- Directing day to day operation of the accounting staff and ensuring that accounts are properly reconciled.
- Preparing quarterly, half yearly and annual financial statements of the company.
- Coordinating with statutory auditors of the company for quarterly, half yearly and annual audit.
- Managing month end and year end procedures and review all monthly / yearly reconciliation.
- Responsible for preparation of Centre wise monthly MIS and reports for quarterly limited review of the group.
- Preparation of Annual Budget and analysing them with actual performance and inferring the reasons for deviations.
- Responsible for training of centre teams in respect of expenses, imprest, payroll, attendance system and internal controls.
- Playing a key role in implementation of an ERP system (Navision). Process Reviews to bring automation of Process / Systems through utilization of technology.
- Coordinate with centre heads and other key personnel for operational issues.
- Built a finely tuned accounts payable department, fostering a collaborative environment that improved productivity, individual accountability and team morale.
- Introduced effective internal control system with Internal audit within the company that enhanced efficiency in A/P functions, established minimum error at input level, eliminated duplication and reduced monthly processing time by 25%.
- Successfully run a campaign for physical verification & tagging of fixed assets spread across India in more than 60 locations.
- Initiated a recovery of Rs. 15 Lakhs from Housekeeping Vendors for non-compliance of PF.