- Install structures or fixtures, such as windows, frames, flooring, trim, or hardware, using carpenters' hand or power tools.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
- Measure and mark cutting lines on materials, using a ruler, pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
- Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools.
- Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, carpenter's hand tools, or power tools.
- Assemble and fasten materials to make frameworks or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Erect scaffolding or ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
- Study specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
- Inspect ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures.
- Verify that the structure is leveled, using plumb bob and level.
- Finish surfaces of woodwork or wallboard in houses or buildings, using paint, hand tools, or paneling.