May 2015 - Present
VIRAMSUN NIGERIA LTD
General Manager-Retail based out of Lagos.Nigeria.
- Overall in charge of the Retail Tyre business with special emphasis on Yokohama tyres.
- To ensure increase in channels of distribution for Yokohama tyres across Nigeria-the Depth as well as Breadth amongst dealers.
- To liaise with the Principals and ensure that the right product mix is available for tyres in Nigeria.
- Special Emphasis on enlistment of Corporates,Institutions and Commercial accounts.
- To market and enlist Franchises for Retail Tyre Centers.
- To ensure regular Promotions are held across the country in line with company norms.
- To ensure Branding as per norms.
- Pricing to be worked out based on market feedback and positioning.
- Debtors Management
Feb 2014 - Apr 2015
VIRAMSUN GHANA LTD
General Manager- based out of Accra, Ghana(till April' 15)
- Overall responsibility to achieve Growth, Revenue &P&L Targets in the Tyre business
- To ensure accurate Indenting, Budgetting as well as availability of Product Mix based on an accurate analysis of the potential of market.
- Ensuring Costs are kept strictly under control Debtor Management key focus area.
- Inventory Management and ensuring availabillity of Tyres across Ghana based on Seasonality as well as cyclical Demand patterns.
- Market Mapping of Corporates, Institutions as well as Commercial Accounts to ensure wider spread.
- To handle the entire Sourcing of Tyres and to coordinate with Logistics and Supply Chain to ensure timely delivery.
- To Provide relevant MIS to management as well as Market information on the Ghana market and identify opportunities to increase business volumes.
- To identify opportunities and diversify outside of Tyres-worked on a project to introduce Building Materials.
Jun 2011 - Jan 2014
FLEMINGO DFS PVT LTD
General Manager based out of Mumbai, India
We are the leading Duty Free Operator in India with concessions across Airports and 6 Seaports across India.
- Overall in charge of operations pertaining to Duty Free Stores at the airport locations comprising of 22 stores across the Arrival and Departure terminals of the locations.
- Providing leadership and direction to the 150+ office and shop floor personnel at the locations which includes sales, logistics and IS personnel towards achieving targetted business growth of 35% YOY.
- Liaisoning with Airport Authority and Customs officials and ensuring compliance to all statutory regulations as prescribed by relevant authorities at the various locations.
- Ensuring achievement of Revenue and Financial Budgets at location level with each location an independent profit center. Monitoring of Margins and Costs. Average Bill Value, Spend per Passenger and Penetration levels monitored across locations to ensure achievement of corporate objective.
- Directing and Driving Brand Promotions, fixing prices based on market dynamics, achieving corporate Margin and EBIDTA targets, and ensuring increased footfalls at our various locations.
- Identification of Talent and Talent Management, Ensuring quality of Visual Merchandising and Communication and continously evaluating Duty Free Opportunities.
- Identification and introduction of new product lines.
Jan 2005 - May 2011
AL DOBOWI TYRE CO
Regional Manager based out of Abu Dhabi.
Working with distributors of renowned and leading brands of batteries, oils & tyres namely Yuasa, Caltex and Hankook.
- In charge for complete operations of the branch(Abu Dhabi, Sharjah & rest of Northern Emirates) with sales and marketing of tyres, oil & batteries as the main business activity.
- Developing plans in line with overall branch operations; ensuring that goals & objectives are met.
- Providing leadership and direction to a team of Sales & Service Personnel towards yielding business growth of 25% on yearly basis with a minimum margin invest in sales.
- Channel sales with focus oN increasing the comprehensiveness in terms of dealer/customer spread.
Aug 2000 - Jun 2002
CEAT LTD-based at Kolkata for West Bengal
Sales Manager((Tyre Division)
- Responsible for the development and performance of sales activities of West Bengal with 2 regional Offices at Kolkata and Asansol.
- Developed business plan and sales strategy as per various requirements of tyres to ensure that the company sales goals and profitability were maintained.
- Coordinated with government /national and commercial accounts to maximize sales.
- Supervised sales team and provided leadership towards achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and targeted goals of 82% over the previous year.
ASSISTANT DISTRICT MANAGER
May 1994 - Jul 2000
CEAT LTD-based at Ranchi,Jharkhand
Assistant District Manager
- Performed effective dealer management as the main focus of activity whilst leading a team of 5C& F's, 6 Field Force and 4 Commercial Staffs.
- Extended support to the Regional Manager in achieving sales targets and handling the challenge of increasing market share from a level of 18% to 28% and also field force development and training.
Oct 1988 - Apr 1994
Ceat Ltd-based at Rourkela,Lucknow & Bhubaneswar
Sales Officer/Territory Manager/ Senior Territory Manager- (Tyre Division) Promoted in job responsibilities on the basis of excellent work performance. Started as sales Trainee in Lucknow market then promoted as Territory Manager of Rourkela & Bhubaneswar. Effectively managed dealer & institutional sales and customer conversion work.