Experienced in Python and used it for several prototype and production-ready projects.
- Developed real-time image recognition algorithms with Python and OpenCV.
- Used machine learning algorithms to implement a face recognition system.
- Wrote a wrapper for a speech-recognition API that enabled our team to use speech-recognition in a university project.
- Created a cloud-based product recommender system with a camera-based user interface.
Experienced in common web attacks like XSS, CSRF, SQL Injections, DoS, etc.
- Published a paper about various DDoS Defense Mechanisms.
Holl, Patrick. "Exploring DDoS Defense Mechanisms." Future Internet (FI) and Innovative Internet Technologies and Mobile Communications (IITM) 25 (2015): 1.
- Found bugs in Facebook.com and was rewarded by the Facebook bug bounty program. ( (http://on.fb.me/19neG4j))
Five years of experience as a PHP programmer.
- Object Oriented PHP Development (PHP5).
- Familiar with web development and content management systems.
- Knowledge of the modern PHP framework Laravel.
Experienced in database technologies.
- Used MySQL to build a database that contained research data of investment relationships.
- Set-up an Apache Cassandra database.
- Experienced with distributed SQL and NoSQL databases.
Server / Administration
Set-up several Ubuntu servers with a focus on security and performance.
- Used HHVM to improve the PHP performance on a server.
- Installed a public key authentication to gain additional security.
- Set-up a DNS server including DNSSEC in a small-scale research network.
- Used AngularJS and jQuery to built applications and to improve the user experience of other applications I built.
- Used ReactJS to develop my personal website www.patrick-holl.com.