- Provide technical assistance to the construction team as needed.
- Generate/Review material requisitions, submittals, and ensure contract performance measures are met.
- Evaluate the project construction to ensure compliance with standards for electrical systems.
- Receive/Action Request for Information (RFI) that apply to electrical works. RFI's requiring design feedback will be directed to the Designer for response. Review the responses for adequacy.
- Plan, review, and coordinate design and construction operations to ensure compliance with design drawings and specifications.
PROJECT 1: SAUDI ELECTRICITY COMPANY, CONSTRUCTION OF KAU 110/13.8KV SUBSTATION, THUWAL, SAUDI ARABIA
Department: Projects Department
- Supervision and installation of substation equipments as per standard and as per drawing provided by the Saudi Electricity Company.
- Monitor & report Testing & Commissioning works regarding control and Protection.
- Testing of transducers, CT’s, PT’s and setting of Relays.
- Close loop testing of all control and protection systems and monitoring the signals at SCADA & LDC.
- Witness the Testing and commissioning of electric works, high voltage and medium voltage switchgears.
- Check & review as-built drawing & O&M manual.
- Prepare punch list items, announcement of work (AOW) and Site Instruction accordingly.
- Practical experience with AREVA, SIEMENS and ABB relays like MICOM, 7SD522, RED670 etc.
- Witness the Setting and testing of O/C, UV/OV, Differential and Distance relays.
PROJECT 2-INVENSYS PROCESS SYSTEMS, SAUDI ARABIA
Position Held: Site/Design Engineer (Instrumentation)
- Up-gradating of Gas-Turbine Control system at ARAMCO Berri Power Plant (13.8KV/380KV Substation), Jubail.
- Modification and Installation of new Marshalling Cabinets, AVR, PLC and DCS System cabinets.
- Provide and install permanent power supply taken from UPS to all new equipment cabinets.
- Installation of Protection Relays, Flame Detectors, Smart transmitters and Thermocouples.
- Design & Review of various P&ID’s, Cause and Effect Diagrams, Logic Diagrams, Loop Diagrams and As-built drawings for ARAMCO Lube Ref. and Berri Power Plant.
- Perform Close loop testing of field instruments from Marshalling Cabinets to the main control room.