Dar Al-Hekma University
Currently a student at a nationally accredited and internationally recognized 5 year Architectural undergraduate program.
Critical Major Courses Taken:
1. Studio IV -Construction-Based Green Design and Documentation - Construction drawings, schedules and specifications; analysis of codes, regulations, and standards; and utilizing office standards and procedures for computer-aided design application.
2. Studio III - Contextual Cultural and Environmental Design - Project based on historical and cultural analysis of architectural forms.
3. Studio II - Small Scale Buildings and Sustainability - Project based on using site and climatic analysis, along with knowledge of conservation and sustainable practices.
4. Studio I - Form and Order in Cultural Context - Design as an outcome of human needs, as informed by cultural, climatic, environmental, behavioral and geographical factors.
5. Building Systems and Environmental Controls - Overview of the close correlation between a building and its various active and passive systems of environmental control: heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems (HVAC); acoustics, plumbing, vertical transportation and fire protection.
6. Architectural Drafting
Critical Electives Taken:
1. Introduction to Building Information Modeling - develops practical application abilities to produce 3D projection/planning, installation and coordination drawings.
Total Earned Credits:
Placed on President's Honor List