Part time employee at an Osteopathic Physician's office as receptionist and medical records scanning expert.
Sole proprietor of graphic design business. Extensive experience interacting with clients, senior editors, project managers. Projects involve print communication of education, financial, scientific matters for non-profit organizations in the Washington DC metropolitan area. Clients include American Red Cross NHQ, Smithsonian Institution, and GEICO Insurance Co. Provide conference logos and supporting conference materials, posters, newsletters, brochures, and fliers.
I am seeking a full time position that utilizes my organizational and artistic skills; working with people toward a common goal and bringing my varied expertise to whatever project is at hand.
Art Director/Graphic Artist
Stephanie Firestone Design
Print Design and Production
- Media kits
- Conference programs and coordinated materials
- Brochures and annual reports
- Trade show display banners
- Handbooks and guidebooks
- Advertising materials
- Newsletters (2 and 4-color, in varying size formats)
- Logo production
- Lighted subway displays
Project Management and Workflow
- Art direction - Photographers, illustrators, designers
- Coordinating creation of final product
- Managing multiple accounts and print deadlines
Software - Mac OSX:
- Adobe CS5 InDesign
Partial List of Clients
- American Red Cross, AMVETS, Brazil Industries Coalition, GEICO, Smithsonian Institution
2011 Private Arts II: A Designer's Art Exhibition, Fairfax, VA
2009 Private Arts: A Designer's Art Exhibition, artery717, Alexandria, VA
2007 Cooper Carry Art Show and Fundraiser, Alexandria, VA
2006 Micro-Monumental, Washington Sculptors Group, Washington, DC
2002 Typographically Speaking, UMBC, The Albin O. Kuhn Library Gallery, Baltimore, MD
- Planning Committee Member, Biennial Mid-Atlantic Clay Conference; produced registration brochure for the past eight conferences
- Chaired Empty Bowls Benefit Dinner for 700 attendees; coordinated all-volunteer staff for artists, benefit staff, and food service. Minimal expense for rent of school cafeteria. Result: $12,000 raised in one evening.
- Tutoring and assisting - As needed for their particular skill on the computer, help fine artists with their computer needs; especially entering shows and making promotional postcards, posters and brochures