Over three decades impressive success in the shipping Industry , running company-wide operational functions of vessels Operations Passionately striving towards constant improvement – Excellent leadership, organization, and people management abilities
Senior Vice President
2009 - Present
JM BAXI &CO
- Over all in – charge of Agency handling of Indian Ship Owners vessels calling across Indian Ports
- Leading a team of abt 500 staff for maintenance of Operational readiness and timely attendance of all vessels and quick turn around
- Maintaining close liaison with several Principals of repute such as Shipping Corporation of India, Dredging Corporation of India, SIMA Marine, Hanjin, GCL , India Steamship, India Cements.. etc.
- Have created revenue in successive progressions year wise in order to maintain financial sustainability and contributed to growth of the Company.
Leading in Business development through close interaction with several business houses at both national and international level
Branch in charge of JNPT / Nhava Sheva branch
1989 - 2009
JM BAXI & CO
- Closely monitored and ensured Operational efficiency of all vessels calling port
- Maintained close liaison with Port officials for ensuring highest professional relationship
- Maintained daily shipping activities and good relationships with partners, stakeholders, customers and shippers
- Ensured that contractual deadlines and target are met
- Coordinated with Port authorities and several Govt. departments
- Handled the tasks of providing shipping facilities through data collection, analysis and negotiations
Checking documentation as vessel agents and stevedores, Owner agents, Invoicing etc., collect port charges, checking loading & unloading report and generation of MIS to all concern. I have performed well and facilitated to increase my performance.
Controlling Costs, General administrative issues & Billing at Finalization level, adequate computer skills, and Strengths in, Action Planning & successful implementation- Cargo Operation Planning,- Container Operation, Port Operation, Offshore Supply Base management, Purchase Planning and Management, Cost Control Programs, Profitability Improvement, Plan & Co-ordination of daily port operation,- Inventory Control of Materials/equipments, Vessels, Cargo, daily operation, Shipment Planning and Administration, Billing/Invoicing at Finalization level & Logistic Management, Team leadership and collaboration
Agency Operations- Operational shipping attendance team Manager
1983 - 1989
JM BAXI&CO MUMBAI
- Attended several vessels as part of agency team. Ensured documentation, port & Customs formalities for cargo operations and smooth turn around of vessels. planning and action, accountability in Vessel berthing-sailing Planning & formalities, Cargo handling, Stevedoring operation, and Manpower management, break water, berths, dredging, cargo handling equipments, marine operation, Supply chain logistic, Rail/Road transportation and cost involved in cargo Import-Export, offshore supply base management, Business development in port & shipping, infrastructure / industrialization and Logistic support.
- Managed Cargo handling, Container Handling operation & Stevedoring for Export-Import & logistics of shore supply etc.
- Daily operation planning & successful Implementation as per planning Cargo handling, Stevedoring operation, and Logistic support to vessels calling Mumbai Port.Subsequently Deploying cost efficient handling equipments, labor gangs, supervisors etc. for the execution of the job taken on hand.
- After completion of job signing work done certificate for each job with full satisfaction of principals.
- Control over logistic & General administrative issues, Billing & Payments up to the finalization level.
Business Development |Vessels Operations | Container Traffic & Operational monitoring | Change Management | Strategic Planning & LeadershipProfit Growth | Executive Management | Finance & Budgeting | Operations Management
- Leading a team of over 500 employees for monitoring and managing vessel Agency operations, Cargo handling , Container Operations at all India locations in reputed Organisation of Shipping Business in India.
- Managed all Export/ Import Cargo Handling Operation of all type of cargo in different ports in India
- Business Development
- Well-versed in shipping operations for inbound/outbound cargo across international trade lanes
- Strategic planning and business development skills
- Experience in cargo management and traffic management
- Ability to evaluate competitor
- Good communication and coordination skills
- In-depth Knowledge of standard policies, procedures , methods and logistic readiness
- Strong shipping management and interpersonal skills
- In-depth knowledge of shipping Industry