Sr. Network Associate
2000 - 2013CIT,Livingston, NJ
Senior Network Engineer
Perform network planning, design and implementation on enterprise global data network for over (100)
offices.Maintain LAN/WAN network operations including troubleshooting, analysis and problem resolution. Provide leadership, project assignments, technical training and guidance to junior level network technicians.
- Project and Implementation Manager for migration for (40) International Offices toVerizon MPLS Network.
- Team Leader for deployment of Riverbed Steelhead in European and Asian Offices.
- Deployed Cisco WLAN in multiple office locations.
- Defined, tested and deployed IOS level standard for all Cisco Routers and Catalyst Switches on corporate network.Developed schedule and rollout plan for over (500) network devices.Project completion resulted in consistent IOS on all Cisco Routers and Switches.
- Managed network infrastructure redesign project for corporate headquarters office.Planned, designed and implemented a network supporting a large-scale data center redesign including (350) servers and a user community of over (1500) users.This design was centered on multiple Ten Gigabit Ethernet backbone consisting of redundant Cisco Nexus Network Tier Model: Core (N7k), Distribution (N7k/N5k), and Server Access (N2k).Re-leveraged dual Cisco 6500s (SUP720s) for L3 Distribution and (18) Catalyst 6500 (SUP-32) Access Switches.
- Developed network infrastructure office model standards for various sized offices ranging from (25) to (1000) users.
- Planned and participated in multiple Disaster Recovery exercises for CIT offices globally.
- Participated in budget planning for global network infrastructure.
- Managed Offshore L1/ L2 Network Teams.These teams were responsible for Network Operations to include fault-isolation, network testing troubleshooting etc.Provided guidance, training and documentation of procedures to ensure problems were triaged, categorized, escalated and resolved in accordance to established SLAs.