Results proven network professional is currently seeking new collborative opportunities in a solution center/network operations environment.
Results proven network professional is currently seeking new collborative opportunities in a solution center/network operations environment. Extensive experience in the following network technologies:
Network Hardware: Cisco Nexus 7000, 5000, 2000, 1000v- Routers: 18XX, 19XX, 28XX, 29XX, 72XX, 7613.
Catalyst Switches: 3750, 45XX, 49XX, 65XX (SUP32 and SUP720).
Adtran, Paradyne, ADC CSU/DSU and Digital Link Inverse Multiplexer.
Network Protocols: TCP/IP, SNMP, RMON, STP, GRE, RIP, OSPF, EIGRP.
Network Transport: T-1, E-1, T-3, OC-3, OC-12, MPLS, Frame Relay, ISDN BRI/PRI, VPN (IPSEC GRE),
Gigabit Ethernet, 10Gb Ethernet, Metro Ethernet.
Network Management: HPOV NNM, Solar Winds Orion (IPAM, NCM, NPM), Cisco Works.
Network Analysis Tools: ExtraHop, Wireshark, NI Observer, OpNet ACE, Cisco NAM.
Network Appliances: Riverbed Steelhead, Cisco ACS 5.0.
Operating Systems: Linux (various), Windows 2003, 2008, Windows 7.
Application Networking: Loadbalancers – Citrix Netscaler MPX 5500, CSS 11000 and CSM.
Wireless: Cisco WLAN Controllers: WLSE, WLSM, WISM, 2500, 5500.
Cisco WAP (Autonomous and LWAP).
Mar 2000 - Jun 2013
Sr. Network Associate
2000 - 2013CIT,Livingston, NJ
Senior Network Engineer
Perform network planning, design and implementation on enterprise global data network for over (100)
offices.Maintain LAN/WAN network operations including troubleshooting, analysis and problem resolution. Provide leadership, project assignments, technical training and guidance to junior level network technicians.
- Project and Implementation Manager for migration for (40) International Offices toVerizon MPLS Network.
- Team Leader for deployment of Riverbed Steelhead in European and Asian Offices.
- Deployed Cisco WLAN in multiple office locations.
- Defined, tested and deployed IOS level standard for all Cisco Routers and Catalyst Switches on corporate network.Developed schedule and rollout plan for over (500) network devices.Project completion resulted in consistent IOS on all Cisco Routers and Switches.
- Managed network infrastructure redesign project for corporate headquarters office.Planned, designed and implemented a network supporting a large-scale data center redesign including (350) servers and a user community of over (1500) users.This design was centered on multiple Ten Gigabit Ethernet backbone consisting of redundant Cisco Nexus Network Tier Model: Core (N7k), Distribution (N7k/N5k), and Server Access (N2k).Re-leveraged dual Cisco 6500s (SUP720s) for L3 Distribution and (18) Catalyst 6500 (SUP-32) Access Switches.
- Developed network infrastructure office model standards for various sized offices ranging from (25) to (1000) users.
- Planned and participated in multiple Disaster Recovery exercises for CIT offices globally.
- Participated in budget planning for global network infrastructure.
- Managed Offshore L1/ L2 Network Teams.These teams were responsible for Network Operations to include fault-isolation, network testing troubleshooting etc.Provided guidance, training and documentation of procedures to ensure problems were triaged, categorized, escalated and resolved in accordance to established SLAs.
Mar 1996 - Mar 2000
Senior Network Analyst
Planned, designed and provided problem resolution on mission critical production networks serving Accenture’s entire Northeast Region spanning five states and ten offices. Developed technical network strategies, including implementation and integration of networks based on business needs analysis. Conducted network baselining, capacity planning and analysis on all regional office network segments.
- Managed a team of three network analysts.
- Project manager and lead network architect for network infrastructure build-out projects for new and existing offices. Responsible for financial management of multi-million dollar budgets, equipment provisioning, vendor management, build-out planning, design and implementation of networks for offices ranging in size from (15) to (3000) users.
- Prepared annual budget for network infrastructure for all Northeast Region offices.
Nov 1995 - Mar 1996
Maintained enterprise-wide remote access network serving (8) large-scale Server Farms/Data Centers and over 13,000 mobile users nationwide. Performed network monitoring and troubleshooting on (40) Shiva Lan Rovers. Supported SOHO ISDN network for over (65) offices including problem identification and resolution of all network related issues.
- Configured and installed Cisco 1003/1004 ISDN Routers and ADTRAN NT-1 devices.
- Coordinated with LEC on installation and problem resolution of new and existing ISDN BRI circuits.
- Implemented HSRP on (11) WAN Backbone Cisco 7000 Routers.
1991 - 1995
Associate Network Engineer
Conducted daily network troubleshooting and analysis on corporate data network serving over (40) offices throughout North America.
- Provided primary support on corporate remote access network. Configured, installed and maintained multiple Cisco 2511 Routers.
- Network Administrator for 3270 Remote Access Network (Packet/Pc) for over (300) remote nodes.
- Completed (35) LAN installations for regional, branch and district offices. Responsibilities included configuration and installation of network electronics including Cisco 2500 Router, Paradyne CSU/DSU and 3COM Ethernet Hubs.
- Network Administrator for Regional Training LAN (Netware 4.1).
1987 - 1988
Enciphered Communications Analyst
- Performed cryptanalysis on target entities to produce time sensitive end product reports.
1985 - 1987
Tech Control Supervisor/Radio Printer Systems Operator
- Operated and programmed intelligence collection systems. Received, demodulated and conducted preliminary analysis on enciphered data transmissions.