An accomplished professional with a comprehensive background in providing Counseling Services and Supervision with a working knowledge of Information Systems
Counseling Services- Facilitate treatment for boys and girls ages 7-21 that are classified as delinquent and abused, voluntarily placed or court ordered. Established quality control and organized operations as well as conducted weekly training seminars of becoming counselors.
Supervision- Effective planning, organizing, and emphasizing teambuilding and staff motivation. Outstanding ability to improve and increase morale throughout the departmental organizationInformation System- Proficient with +Microsoft Windows application. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Mainframe Computer Operations.
Aug 2004 - Present
- Provide patient transportation and assist nursing with patient handling tasks as requested
- Responsible for supervision of the patient while transporting
- Distributing supplies and equipment, assisting with traction set-up, transporting patient medications with the patient
- Collaborates with licensed staff to discuss mobility needs, repositioning, turning, transferring etc. and selecting appropriate equipment for transporting activities, sit to stand devices, passive lifter, appropriate slings, friction reducing sheets.
Jan 2003 - Jan 2004
- Transports bank receipts and documents to and from various locations, ensuring proper care of items handled during transport.
- Provides and/or arranges for appropriate maintenance of department vehicle(s).
- Prepares and maintains accurate transportation logs, vehicle fuel consumption logs, and other data as required.
- Attends meetings as required
- May perform clerical duties such as typing, making copies, and distributing mail as required.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
May 2000 - Aug 2003
- Successfully completed a training course in Child Abuse and awarded a Certificate of Child Abuse Services
- Resident counselor for the Henry Ittleson Center for Child Research
- Advocated treatment for children from the ages of 7-12 classified as delinquent placed in a home by court order or voluntarily.
Feb 1998 - Feb 2002
Shift Leader/Child Care Counselor 2
- Successfully completed Therapeutic Crisis Intervention Training Mandated Reporting, Life Books and Life Packs
- Supervised Arnstein Cottage of the specialized unit for boys ages 13-21 classified as delinquent voluntarily placed or court ordered.
- Established Quality Control and controlled Internal Operations
- Utilized Therapeutic Intervention techniques to de-escalate problematic situations.