Healthcare safety & security officer
Sizemore security inc.
Hospital Security Officer
- A Customer Service oriented hospital employee, often greeting patients when they enter the facility.
- Main duty is to protect people, property, information, and reputation.
- Responds rapidly to security emergencies within the hospital or health care setting.
- May help people into and out of their cars, receive hospital deliveries at night, and escort patients as needed.
- Typically has completed a basic security officer’s program covering subjects from laws of arrest to weapon safety. Requirements beyond this program vary by state.
- Reports to a shift supervisor, operations chief, or hospital security supervisor.
- Becomes involved with patients when assistance is requested by medical or nursing staff, or when patients or their families ask for assistance or information.