- Addis Ababa Addis Ababa
Feb 16, 2009 - Feb 28, 2011 - Health Program Manager, Pact Inc, Ethiopia
At this capacity I was responsible to manage two projects. The first one is entitled “Adolescent Reproductive Health Project” Financed by the David & Lucile Packard Foundation and implemented in Targeted Zones of Amhara and Oromiya Regional States through partnership 14 NGOs. The Second project is entitled “Prevention Plus for Muslim Communities”/PICASO (Partnership for Community Action Supporting OVC) HIV/AIDS project financed by PEPFAR/USAID and implemented in 6 National Regional states through partners. Specific responsibilities include:
· Provide regular support and supervision to staff under my direct line management.
· Build the technical capacity ofstaff under my direct line management and delegate tasks for the efficient performance of activities
· In collaboration with the grants unit lead the development of sound selection criteria and guidelines for identifying partners and selecting project proposals for funding within the project and wider health platform
· In collaboration with Finance. Grants and Administration unit, lead the technical pre-award survey and participate in the pre-award activities in my intervention areas
· Facilitate the adoption of a monitoring and evaluation guideline, which reflects programmatic, technical and administrative requirements at partner level. Facilitate revision of monitoring and evaluation framework as project learning takes place.
· Lead process of organizational capacity assessments for new partners
· Ensure that project proposals within the ARH and health platform meet agreed evaluation criteria (inclusive of results based framework and indicators of performance)
· Provide advice and guidance to partners with regard to technical, human, commodity and financial matters and reporting requirements.
· Responsible for the execution of ARH and health projects in a timely and cost effective manner and ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the agreement which Pact Ethiopia entered with partners
· Ensure adherence to organizational policies, procedures and guidelines
· Prepare budgets in accordance to the schedules, formats, annual dates and deadlines as adopted in the general agreement Pact entered with partners
· Develop work plans at project (at this level as to be participatory) and individual level – at individual level to encourage individual timely work plan not to develop by her/himself.
· Produce high quality reports in a timely manner for Donor, Government and other stakeholders
· In collaboration with the Health Program Director, prepare comprehensive and detailed terms of reference (TOR) for consultancy services and participate in selection of consultants
· Review materials produced (internally or externally) for training workshops, seminars, conferences etc. to ensure organizational quality and standards
· Perform a full range of consultative, advisory, information gathering, and analysis services on issues related to the ARH and health platform
· In conjunction with the MERL unit, participate in the adoption and maintenance of a monitoring and evaluation system to evaluate progress and impact of Pact health projects in their contribution to achieving set objectives.