Real Time Energy Trader
Lower Colorado River Authority
- Performs and provides guidance for less experienced GenDesk staff regarding real-time trading and scheduling of energy and capacity to meet LCRA’s generation strategies. Schedules natural gas on a real-time basis to meet LCRA’s generation strategies. Communicates all market and gas operation information to the Fuel & Energy Risk Management Staff.
- Performs complex and non-standard decision-making in all aspects of LCRA's role as a Qualified Scheduling Entity (QSE) in the monitoring and adjusting of generation controls to provide the most efficient operation of power generation units. Schedules energy; manages emergencies consisting of transmission outages such as black starts; and manages market or Grid Reliability issues such as Energy Emergency Alert (EEA) following ERCOT Protocols and Guidelines, North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) Standards, LCRA Generation Desk Procedures, or other LCRA policies as appropriate. Performs complex and non-standard decision making regarding adjustments to short term load forecasts as well as decisions to bring additional units on-line or to take un-needed units off-line. Procures additional energy or capacity in the event of a loss of LCRA Generation or to meet LCRA's Customer Load requirements.
- Performs and reports all required accounting information related to energy or natural gas to other entities including energy and gas marketing companies, ERCOT and LCRA staff.
- Makes decisions to switch to back-up fuel (oil) when conditions warrant maintaining reliability.
- Assists with creation and revision of GenDesk procedures.
- Assures compliance with all ERCOT Reliability Unit Dispatches per LCRA Compliance Procedures.
- Provides assistance with internal/external audits.