Senior Configuration Management Projects Specialist
DONALDSON COMPANY INC., Bloomington, MN
Global filtration manufacturer with 13,000 employees worldwide in over 40 countries with $2.3 billion in sales.
Senior Configuration Management Projects Specialist (2000–2009)
Managed the new product introductions (NPR), Engineering Change Requests (ECP), Engineering Changes Order released products (ECOs) and Plant Process Changes (PPC) to meet customer and manufacturing requirements.
- Implemented cost reduction projects saving $1,568,000 in F08 vs $585,000 in F07 versus $1,427,000 in F06.
- Led teams on document decision per NPR, ECO, PPC directing others to implement throughout the organization and on a worldwide basis.
- Provided technical support between design engineer, sales, and training teams for “Engineering Change Process for Drawing and Standards” to manufacturing plant engineers in China, Mexico and Europe.
- Authorized first time buy for tooling and fixture and managed the initial build of products on New Product Release (NPRs) for major global customers including Audi in Europe and US.
- Implemented electronic Engineering Change Request system which resulted in expedited global information sharing and collaboration.
Manufacturing & Feasibility Engineer(1996–2000)
·Supported four multi-million dollar business units by providing cost estimating of new or redesigned products which resulted in cost reductions and meeting customer goals and budgets.
·Managed the initial build of products from concept to release the first sample build on NPR prior to the availability of production prints resulting in enabling cost savings and meeting customer needs.
·Provided manufacturing assessment on proposed products and prototype concepts for productability and cost effective manufacturing at the required quantity levels.
·Envisioned and created a media data based, cost estimating tool which included raw materials numbers, engineering numbers, plant number and cost per units which resulted enhanced decision making.