CEO and senior executive withextensive experience in global leadership, management, strategy, service development, sales and marketing. Co-founded, grew and sold a successful management consulting firm with a diverse array of clients spanning multiple industries and geographies. Recognized pioneer in the global development and marketing of services. Led the marketing of "Business Reengineering," the most successful management consulting concept of the 1990s. Published author of business articles on management, service innovation and marketing/sales. An innovative and experienced executive with solid leadership, management and people skills. Board Director for a number of organizations, including a Boston area college, an NPO and a Web 2.0 company.
Leadership and Management Skills
- As EVP and a member of the executive committee of Zefer Corporation (now part of NEC), successfully led three major areas of the business, including the building of the firm's business strategy practice including the hiring and development of hundreds of management consultants; establishing the firm's industry practices including hiring key industry heads from a variety of competitors; and directing the firm's strategic marketing activities;
- As CEO and Managing Partner of the marketing consulting firm Waite & Company, co-founded and grew the firm to 30 employees and revenues of $5mm in four years with strong profits and a diverse client base. Successfully sold the firm to Zefer Corporation;
- As SVP of CSC Index and a member of the executive committee, created the management consulting industry's foremost service innovation and marketing organization, managed a large staff, and successfully developed and marketed new consulting services to reposition the organization from an IT consultancy to a general management consulting firm.
- In addition, have authored articles in numerous publications, including the Harvard Business Review and The New York Times.
- Beyond holding senior marketing positions at a number of management consulting, IT services and Internet firms have consulted to the Board of Directors and senior management teams of an extensive array of professional services, IT services, software, telecommunications, financial services, Internet-based companies, and educational institutions.
- As a result, have a deep understanding and appreciation for the different - and successful - strategy, service innovation, and marketing and sales business models these diverse organizations employ.
- Have also developed strong leadership, interpersonal and facilitation skills not only working with Board of Directors and senior management teams, but also leading consulting engagements, thought-leadership activities, and marketing and sales organizations across numerous industry sectors.
Service Development, Marketing and Sales Experience
- At Waite & Company, successfully developed new services, marketing, communications and sales strategies for dozens of clients. Achieved lasting results generating dramatic increases in sales leads and revenues.
- At CSC Index, directed the development and marketing of the firm's seminal "Business Reengineering" service - the marketing and practice of which quadrupled the firm's revenues between 1988 and 1995. Conceived the idea of holding senior management conferences and writing and publishing a series of business books, including leading the promotion of such New York Times best-sellers as Reengineering the Corporation which has sold over 3 million copies and been translated into more than 30 languages.
- At Zefer Corporation, directed the firm's strategic marketing and communications activities, including developing and executing an aggressive pre-IPO marketing campaign that garnered substantial publicity, brand-building, and interest in the firm.
- At McKinsey & Company, helped lead the firm's communications and public relations activities internationally. Developed and executed communications programs for the communications, electronics, energy, manufacturing and logistics practice areas. Promoted leading McKinsey experts and created and executed promotional programs for the firm's business books.