Vice President, Business Development
Van Houtte Coffee Services Inc.
Van Houtte is a privately held, vertically integrated company – Coffee Services, Retail sales, Bistros, Product, and equipment manufacturing.www.vanhoutte.com
Vice President, Business Development, Canada - Current
Responsible for recruitment and development of Van Houtte’s first National Accounts business development team.
- Recognized opportunity to leverage national infrastructure to secure large multi-unit clients
- Recruited, hired and trained team of elite new business hunters and support staff
- Team signed over $2 million in new business in first year
Vice President – Central Region May 2005 - Feb 2010
Responsible for increasing profitability in the Coffee Services division, through organic growth and
acquisition.Serving over 8000 business clients through 6 Ontario branches
- Increased EBITDA by 50% over four fiscal years
- Transformed operations-driven business to client-centered Marketing business through HR training and development, advertising, trade shows, events, and product promotions
- Created National Accounts program to exploit Van Houtte’s international branch network
- Negotiated strategic alliance with Canada’s largest Food Service Operator – increased sales by 100% nationally with that client in first two years of contract.
- Held Operating Expenses flat for three years by centralizing non customer facing functions.
- Increased Return on Assets by 10% through recovery of low ROI equipment, reduction of inactive clients, reduction of equipment in warehouse, and reduction of inventory.
- Completed 6 acquisitions adding over $2 million in sales and divested 2 non-core vending businesses for a substantial gain on book value