Seekingsenior level managerialassignmentswith a growth oriented organizationwhere I can build/ enhance the IT Assurance and testing practice and leverage it to maximizethe IT Value delivery,which is criticalfor the success of the Business
- A dynamic Program / Project management professional with around 15+ years of rich overseas & indigenous experience in managing multiple large scale testing program deliveries encompassing onsite & offshore spanning across planning, proposals, design, quality management, software testing, implementation and maintenance of systems.
- Expertise in establishing IT Assurance practice as well as effective governance of different testing disciplines across the organization which have maximized the IT Value delivery.
- Expertise in spearheading multiple & complex Testing Projects (Functional , Test Automation, Performance, Siebel, Security & Mobile) as well as new technology (SOA) implementation for streamlining IT operations within the time & cost parameters as per quality standards.
- Deep understanding and proven track record of IT Quality Assurance strategy delivery and awareness of strategic goals and ability to define and influence these goals.
- Organizational skills in managing distributed resources and organizations. Ability to manage within a matrix organization.
- Comprehensive experience in creating RFPs, Proposals, Vendor Evaluation, Test Lab Setup, Test Planning and Verification, Quality Metrics Analysis.
- Domain expertise in Public sector, Logistics, CRM,Manufacturing, Mutual Fund, Asset Management, Content Management & Product Management.
- Recognized for leadership in project planning, scheduling, prioritization, contingency and risk planning, work assignments, and definition of scope for enterprise information systems projects.
- Proficiency in Functional , Test Automation , Performance , SOA and Security Testing in different platforms.
- Resourceful in deploying various QA methodologies to analyze various processes based on deployment scenarios, recommending modifications to minimize escalations, realize operational efficiencies, control variability, costs and reduce cycle-time for the enhancement purposes.
- Expert in business process analysis & Re-engineering
- Successfully executed Six Sigma Black belt projects using Six Sigma Tools and Methodologies
- Expertise with test automation & performance testing tools like HP – QTP & Performance Center, Mercury - Win runner & Load Runner, Segue - Silk test and Rational - Visual Test.
- Formally trained on SEI CMM & Six Sigma Black Belt processes.
- Strong analytical, problem solving & multitasking abilities. Possess a flexible & detail oriented attitude.
- An effective communicator with excellent relationship, team building & interpersonal skills
Trekking , Swimming and Travelling
Feb 2013 - Present
- Currently assisting the Major European bank to meet the Monetary Authority of Singapore's Compliance regulations.
- Providing consultancy services for large transformation engagements
- Testing COE Assessment and Implementation.
- Compliance and IT Assurance Services
- Performance Testing, Test Automation and QA Process Consulting
- Specialized in initiating large programs by identifying the pain points of the customers, proposing the right strategic solution approach
- Lead for Strategic Alliance Partnership with Tool Vendors - Vendor analysis, tool fitment, strategic collaboration, pricing negotiations
- Market Research, Analysis, New Business Revenue Stream Incubation
- Business Planning, Business Case Creation, Go-To-Market Strategy & Road map Definition
- E2E experience in tool vendors relationship management - NDAs, assessments, alliance formalization, providing platforms for evangelization, etc
- QA Thought leadership
- Delivery Management
- RFP/RFI responses, project initiation, project budgeting, resource management, invoicing to revenue recognition.
- Building successful QA consulting team in cross cultural environments.
Dec 2010 - Nov 2012
Software Quality Assurance Manager
Abu Dhabi Judicial Department
- Implementing and Governing the IT Assurance & testing practice.
- Preparing the annual budget for the Section (Human resources, tools, infrastructure) and obtaining the necessary approvals and also ensure the proper usage of the approved budget.
- Architecting testing Strategy & testing processes for System Integration, Test Automation, Performance testing & SOA testing for the programs.
- Setting directions to constantly upgrade the testing tools stack with demanding testing needs.
- Staff management including hiring, training, coaching, counseling and evaluating performance of Test associates
- Leading the team for the creation of test plans, test cases, scenarios, and test execution.
- Implementing of project plans within pre-set budgets and deadlines.
- Managing resource allocations and setting up of communication channels across the various horizons of the organization structure.
- Guiding team members throughout the assignments, ensuring all parameters and performance benchmarks are met.
- Allocating tasks based upon project requirements and skill set. Ensuring task completion as per schedule.
- Managing timely delivery of the scheduled activities/ technical deliverables, as per quality standards specified
- Defining quality specifications, enabling the validation and verification procedures to ensure the defined quality specifications through automated and manual testing
- Metrics Analysis and Process excellence drive.
- Providing scope, resource and time estimates for projects presented to QA for testing and analysis.
- Designing & coordinating implementation and availability of QA test environments. Ensuring compatibility of testing.
- Go – No Go decision for project releases based on the Quality control measurements
- Working with business analysis function to ensure the IT Value delivery as per the business expectations.
- Reviewing quality assurance documents like traceability matrix, defect trend charts and metric reports.
- Allocating tasks to resources, managing compliance to timelines specified and ensuring team members adhere to quality process guidelines (as per CMM/ CMMi standards).
- Review and authorize all major testing deliverables which includes Test Plan ( Functional, Performance), Testing Frame work, Testing sign-off reports and etc.
Jul 2007 - Nov 2010
- Successfully implemented the IT Assurance practice which includes Functional, Test Automation, Performance, SOA and Security testing.
- Headed the testing efforts across Dubai Customs all ambitious program deliveries to ensure the quality with optimum cost.
- Implemented IT Assurance best practices and latest testing tools.
- Played a major role in architecting the testing infrastructure.
- Successfully implemented test automation suites to reduce the cost of quality by 60% with improved time to market.
Feb 2006 - Jun 2007
Information Technology Center (Esquire Systems)
- Successfully implemented the Testing practice
- Successfully implemented the defect management process (Bugzilla) for the whole organization.
- Established the Testing Centre of excellence (COE) including test lab setup.
- Guided the automation tools evaluation effort for suiting different applications of various platforms.
May 2004 - Jan 2006
- Successfully lead the testing team (Functional, test automation & Performance) from offshore.
- Played the Key role in transforming the testing activities specific to Enterprise Processing Services applications to offshore
- Vendor management for testing tools.
- Team building & mentoring
Jan 2004 - Apr 2004
- Successfully lead the testing efforts (Functional, test automation & Performance) specific to Hyperion product from Offshore
- Played the Major role in setting up a test Lab ( Test automation & Performance)
Nov 2002 - Jan 2004
- Successfully led a 6 member testing team for a project in securities domain.
- Successfully led the functional test automation & Performance testing projects from onsite.
- Created the test strategies and master test plans for those projects.
- Successfully played a quality coordinator role a Supply chain project.
- Effectively co-ordinate the day to day testing activities from offshore.
- Prepared a Proof of concept for character based testing using Smart term software, in a view to reduce the cost spent by the client in manual testing.
Apr 2001 - Nov 2002
Senior Software Engineer
GE India Business Center
- Active member of the global design for the leading 3 industrial automation applications of GEFANUC.
- Entire QA ownership for those applications from offshore.
- Successfully reduced the cost of quality for those applications releases through 2 greenbelt six sigma projects withmore test coverage and minimal turnaround time.
- Successfully Implemented six sigma tools like DOE to increase test coverage and test efficiency.
- Successfully setup the test lab with required hardwares ( PLCs, Quick Panels, Desktop with different OS and browsers)
Apr 1998 - Apr 2001
Techno Tips Computer Services
- Successfully completed in-house software testing training and played a major role in establishing testing practices inthe organization
- Successfully created the regression test automation suite using silk test
- Successfully delivered the functional test design and test execution.
Sep 1997 - Mar 1998
Web Soft Systems
- Successfully designed, developed and implemented the web sites.