Manager, Systems & Software Engineering, Strategic Value Chain Leader
SYPRIS ELECTRONICS, LLC
Sypris - supplier of high reliability products supporting multilayer security of global net centric organizations in the defense, aerospace, civilian and foreign market spaces: Encryption - KIV-19M; Global Key Management (GKM) & Crypto-Net Planning - ICOR, ACES, RASKL/CLD, ICOR/CKMS; Endpoint Security - PUF solutions.
- Rebuilt Systems, Software, and Quality Assurance Engineering organizations composed of 45 multidiscipline engineers supporting 11 product development and 3 R&D efforts budgeted for $17M (FY09 - FY12).
- Recovered effectivity of engineering departments establishing a dependable and consistent employee base through the adoption of Lean Product Development / Agile / Scrum / Visual methods, deploying standards of practice to exceed DOD / NSA Type-1 guidelines.
- Hands-on approach eliminated 80% of backlogged technical debt spanning 8 programs in under 12 months, reduced product release cycles by 50% with a zero defect requirement for product launch.
- Evangelist for the migration to "LAMP-like" client server architectures, reduction of user workloads via improvements to user experience by implementing visual workflow concepts, and mitigation of deployment risk through continuous integration for the enterprise class GKM software products.
- Generated change requests valued at $750k (Q3, FY11), provided operator spot training sessions, clarified CONOPS / requirements, identified peer supplier collaboration opportunities, and improved customer goodwill by championing multiple baselining events to engage customers at product point of deployment.
- Reduced new employee on-boarding process for all new staff through mentor / shadowing assignments with senior staff members.
- Improved development flow and reduced departmental overhead through the application of Lean Product Development methods by engaging all levels of the engineering organization in multiple kaizen events. Pages reduced by 64%, I/O reduced by 36%, metrics better distributed and increased by 38%.
- Extensive involvement with Business Development organization extending the Defense and Network Assurance (DNA) offerings to adjacent markets (Cyber Physical Endpoint, Smart Micro-Grid, and Critical Infrastructure Protection spaces) and expanding peer supplier partnering opportunities (EADS/Cassidian, Cubic, Blackridge Technologies).
- Authored 5-year product road maps for embedded offerings to justify 3 new R&D efforts ($1M, FY12) for the development of reusable embedded technology appliances - Single Chip Crypto, Android-based Common Use Device.
- Developing (early stage) strategic web based architectures with the intent of evolving GKM & Crypt-Net Planner offerings into a unified Key Management SaaS model; initial offerings targeted for military clouds. Initiated to maintain competitiveness within ongoing DOD Key Management Infrastructure deployment and for immediate product offerings for DOE and Critical Infrastructure.
- Shared DNA P&L ownership targeted FY12 revenue growth to $7M (50% over FY11), and FY15 booking objectives of $10.5M (50% over FY12) budgets of $1M for R&D, and $0.5M for B&P (FY12).
- Recognition: Multiyear recipient of Employee Retention Program for outstanding contribution and individual performance.