Student Practicum: Health Care Assistant Experience
Employer: Sutherland Hills Rest Home
• Performed direct patient/client care aimed at increasing comfort, psychosocial & spiritual well-being by responding appropriately to physical, emotional and developmental needs of patients/clients.
• Provided assistance with personal hygiene, physical comfort, nutrition, elimination, prevention of skin breakdown, and safety.
• Monitored vital signs, such as blood pressure, pulse and temperature. Wrote daily progress notes, documented and reported any unusual circumstances in patient's/client's condition by recognizing any differences in their behavior, mindset and/or environment or overall well being.
• Assisted in cleaning enemas, cauterization, bladder irrigation and collected patient/clients specimen's and/or data.
• Cared for patients/clients with diagnoses such as respiratory failure, diabetes,Parkinson's disease, muscular dystrophy, Alzheimer's and Dementia.
• Assisted Nurses with wound care for pressure ulcers, bed sores and surgical site wounds.
• Assisted with palliative and end of life care of patient/client. Also a good supporter of families and there needs