Looking to expand my skills while working with a like-minded company in the field of Advertising or Marketing.
Thanks for taking the time to check out my VisualCV. Below you'll find information about my experience and education. Before you get to those, here are just a few of my core beliefs:
- every company has a story to tell but very few are successful at actually telling that story honestly and with gusto
- being busy and wrapping your brain around a number of problems at one time can keep you fresh, keep you on your toes, and most of all; keep you passionate
- good writing flows from good ideas and concepts
- strong customer service is paramount to the success of any business. Engaging in an open dialogue with your clients leads to trust and ultimately, solid business partnerships
- the world of advertising and marketing is changing at such an exciting and rapid rate that most people would be crazy not to jump right in
- in getting outside every single day. Moving and exploring your surroundings can be both enlightening and grounding.
And now for the professional stuff...
- accomplished writer with proven success in all facets of advertising including print, online and radio
- expert with using/implementing social media tools and creating online recruitment strategies
- excellent communicator who interacts well with clients and suppliers to ensure outstanding customer service
- deadline-driven, sales-driven and a solid multi-tasker who thrives under pressure
- strong project manager who is able to deliver on time and on budget.
Sep 2009 - Present
Specializing in Copywriting for a number of small to medium sized clients. Recent projects include writing online copy for one of BC's top employers.
Nov 2009 - Apr 2010
Customer Service Agent
I had the honour of working for one of Canada's greatest employers on contract during the busy Christmas season and while Vancouver welcomed the world for the 2010 Winter Olympics. As a Customer Service Agent I was responsible for greeting and checking in guests, creating new reservations and making changes to existing reservations and assisting with boarding of flights. But more than that this was a great opportunity to work with a company that truly stands behind their mission, vision and values.
Jan 2001 - Sep 2009
Wearing many hats was my specialty while working at Midlyn Day. As I evolved, so did my position. In the first few years I performed Account Management/Writing functions. Then, as the need for expanded online advertising services grew, I evolved into an eMedia Specialist.
- Spearheaded and initiated the development of the online recruitment advertising department to create innovative strategies to increase profitability for the company
- Liaising extensively with clients, sourcing appropriate websites and negotiating on their behalf
- Researching media options, compiling data and formulating media plans for clients which include niche job boards, digital media and general websites
- Keeping abreast of the latest trends in the eMedia/Online market
- Writing and posting recruitment advertisements to various job boards throughout the web.
Senior Writer/Account Manager
- Dealing one-on-one with clients to develop appropriate and well-targeted recruitment strategies and campaigns
- Writing concise and creative recruitment advertising, collateral material and web postings/pages
- Ensuring top customer service and quality assurance at all times when dealing with clients.
Nov 1998 - Dec 2000
RecruitAd Advertising Inc. (now called OriginHR)
Writing creative recruitment advertising, collateral material, and direct mail pieces, and online postings etc., for several well-established clients
This was a fast-paced, keep-me-on-my-toes role in which I was writing a high volume of error free recruitment advertisements. On a busy day I'd be responsible for creating up to 20 ads for our clients.
1997 - 1998
Ranscombe & Company Inc.
Worked on two award winning pharmaceutical advertising campaigns
Worked on creative campaigns (both print and radio) for other key clients including: • Royal Ontario Museum • Toronto Works • Ontario Jockey Club • Trimark • Vision TV • Sunoco • Sudafed
Social Media Tools
MS Office & Computer Skills
2009 - Present
Currently enrolled in the VCC Business and Technical Writing Certification program at VCC.
1996 - 1997
The Humber College Copywriting program is recognized as Canada's leading program for copywriting.