Oct 2014 - Present
Dec 2013 - Oct 2014
- Developed and implemented B2B marketing plan and strategy to increase market awareness (partners, industry analysts, influencers and media) as well as brand awareness
- Developed lead generation strategy to increase enterprise sales
Scalr delivers the perfect balance for both development and IT, by delivering the precise control IT requires while simultaneously removing the barriers to efficiency that development confronts managing cloud infrastructure.
The Scalr CMP offers a unified API and web interface for developers and IT users to access and manage infrastructure resources distributed across numerous public and private clouds, such as Amazon Web Services and OpenStack. But Scalr is much more than a single pane of glass for hybrid cloud infrastructure: it’s the one CMP that delivers the balance required between development autonomy and IT control.
With Scalr, developers get access to a framework to accelerate the development and deployment of cloud-native applications. IT users can in turn leverage that framework to define and enforce their governance policies, and ensure those policies are not being sidestepped.
Learn more at scalr.com
Aug 2013 - Dec 2013
Infrascale (www.infrascale.com), a cloud software company that develops a secure global data protection platform purpose-built for high volume cloud storage.
- Executed major corporate and marketing strategy shift, merging disparate product brands into one corporate brand and platform. Merged 4 product websites into one enterprise website, infrascale.com, and one consumer product, sosonlinebackup.com. Launched Dec 2013.
- Spearheaded product management and product marketing for launch of new enterprise endpoint data protection product, EndGuard. Developed and launched to partner channel Dec 2013.
- Developed B2B marketing plan and strategy to increase customer awareness and use of products, and leverage customer base for add-on sales of additional products.
Aug 2012 - Aug 2013
Marketing Programs Manager
ServiceMesh provides the industry’s only enterprise grade cloud management platform that enables on-demand, self-service IT operating models for Global 2000 clients.
•Lead generation development and management including email, content syndication, online advertising, SEO, SEM, webcasts, video and live events which generated leads for Target Market accounts for large global enterprise deals
• Media, Social Media and analyst relations. Communications Management created thought leader position, pushed leads through the pipeline and generated targeted leads from analyst referrals.
•Created Demand Generation engine with extensive automation and analytics. Marketo & Salesforce CRM optimization.
• Increased awareness, web traffic and overall pipeline by over 120% in 300 days.
Jul 2011 - Aug 2012
VP Global Marketing
PINGAR dramatically simplifies the management of unstructured documents.
•Rebranded and Developed unique identity, business strategy and target market. This business clarity has increased awareness, web traffic and overall pipeline by over 60% in 100 days.
•Lead generation initiatives including conference, SEO, and email initiatives, which increased leads. No US presence previously. Established first US based customers, first paying clients and extended overseas clients into US base.
•Developed channel and reseller partner program and collateral. Grew technology, channel and partner relationships from 0 to 3 API partners, 3 major OEM partners. Created joint marketing campaigns and collateral, as well as product roadmap with Microsoft for joint product initiative.
Oct 2010 - May 2011
Director of Marketing and Business Development
Early Stage .NET-based data integration platform
6 month consulting engagement
• Rebranded and Developed unique identity, business strategy and target market. This business clarity has increased awareness, web traffic and overall pipeline by over 60% in 100 days.• Lead generation initiatives included online promotions, PPC, SEO, and email initiatives, which increased leads by 60% and average order size by 40% in 100 days.• Developed channel and reseller partner program and collateral. Grew technology, channel and partner relationships from 3 to 30. Created joint marketing campaigns and collateral with Microsoft for joint product initiative.
Oct 2009 - Oct 2010
Director of Marketing
A data center hardware maintenance and a global healthcare technology services company
• Led successful sales and marketing initiatives for two unique companies that helped close contracts with key customers, including AOL Time Warner, McKesson, the NFL, and several US hospitals• Managed global marketing operations and strategy: market research and analyst relations; collateral including customers' case studies, internal and 3rd party white papers. • Generated PR campaign that secured national print and online coverage. Ghost wrote articles in industry publications and executive profile-raising pieces.• Lead generation initiatives included online promotions, SEO, technology trade print publications, trade, and email mail initiatives. • Rebranded and separated two companies. Developed unique identities, business strategies and target markets for both companies. This shift has increased awareness, web traffic and overall sales by over 48%.
Mar 2009 - Oct 2009
Unique Solutions (www.uniquescan.com) developers of a patented 3D body measurement technology for retail applications.
- Researched, prioritized and completed go to market plan for Health and Wellness applications. Created collateral, regional packages and promotions with independent fitness trainers. National test promotion with Jenny Craig. Launched retail partnerships with custom fitness apparel and wetsuit manufacturers.
4Medica (www.4medica.com) a laboratory reporting Software Company
- Executed corporate rebrand to add additional healthcare software suite of products, positioning and launching of products, promotion at leading Health IT events
- Developed B2B marketing plan and strategy to increase customer awareness and use of products, and leverage customer base for add-on sales of additional products. Customers on average went from utilizing 20% of software to 67% in a 6-month period, which increased sales, as revenue is a transactional model.
Jan 2006 - Jan 2009
Vice President of Marketing
Auckland NZ & Santa Monica CA
A global healthcare information technology company
• Orion Health rebranded, launched 8 new products, grew from NZD$10million/annually to USD$50million/annually, and has been in the top 100 healthcare companies since my tenure.• Led successful sales & marketing initiatives for healthcare integration solution that helped close contracts with key customers, including the Province of Quebec (all communications bilingual), Province of Alberta, State of Vermont, State of Maine, UCLA, and Centers for Disease Control. • Managed global marketing operations and strategy: market research and industry coordination with industry analysts; developed collateral including 56 customers' case studies, internal and 3rd party white papers. • Generated PR campaign that secured global TV, print and online coverage of multi-million dollar deals as well as technology and process improvement coverage. Ghost wrote articles in leading publications as well as executive profile-raising pieces.• Lead generation initiatives included online promotions, webinars, SEO, technology trade print publications, events marketing, and direct mail initiatives. • Negotiated strategic alliances and developed promotional campaigns with partners, including health technology road show with IBM, European seminars and learning days with Fujitsu, joint communications plan with 3M, cobranded collateral, launch and campaign with Oracle. Created conference and training program for public health users, and launched in conjunction with the CDC, despite rigorous governmental restrictions.
May 2005 - Jan 2006
Senior Account Director
A Leading Technology Public Relations Agency
- Media and Influencer relations for leading technology companies, including Microsoft NZ, Lenovo and Gen-i.
- Lead AD, led public policy, social programs as well as Consumer PR.
- Successfully launched Windows Media Center in APAC and won regional PR award from Microsoft for best product launch by hosting leading AU/NZ journalists in a full Media Center Hilton Suite overnight with a guest with dinner delivered so they could enjoy the system.
- Developed Brett Roberts, Director of Innovation, as leading regional spokesperson on privacy, security and competitive issues. Secured 65 leading points of comment in key publications, within Microsoft messaging criteria.
- Managed MS global healthcare technology initiative from New Zealand, organizing 8 Microsoft partner companies to develop a proof of concept, created accompanying collateral and demonstrated in US at global healthcare technology conference HIMSS before 25000 leading HIT executives.
- Accomplished several high profile executive visits, including dignitary visits, political meetings, leisure travel, staff motivational summits and press tours, including MS world health Czar and Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO.
Left to join client company(Orion Health) with Management's encouragement.
Mar 2001 - May 2005
Freelance Marketing and Management Consultant
New York, NY, USA & Auckland, NZ
- Delivered market research, business plan analysis and go to market strategies; lead generation initiatives including online promotions, print, trade, and direct mail initiatives; and marketing collateral to emerging companies, angel investment and leading NY/SF venture capital firms
- Drove successful sales & marketing initiatives for leading online travel company, Skyauction, which yielded funding of $30 million and increased users by 55%.
- Developed marketing strategy, executive pitch and presentation for eCardsystems, an online financial services firm that raised $16 million in a challenged economy and launched its service, delivering some of the first gift cards used on and offline.
- LiveChat Collaborative and recommendation services, created business plan and marketing plan for Internet start up, competitive with #1 LivePerson. Dispelled the myth that there could only be one online chat application for customer service, and it is now in top 3 of 10 vendors.
Oct 2000 - Mar 2001
Vice President of Marketing
An integrated messaging, collaboration and communication tool
- Launched successful sales & marketing initiatives for premium eRM collaboration platform that helped close contracts with Intel Israel, MSN Israel, Netvision, and Charles Schwab.
- Recruited in SF, moved to New York to improve communications with Israeli tech team. Raised $30 million in VC funding
- Due to second intifada, instead secured successful sale of IP.
Apr 2000 - Oct 2000
Vice President of Marketing
Web based merchandising & content management ASP
- Directed successful sales & marketing initiatives for ASP content management solution that helped close contracts with key customers, including BBC, Reuters, Ford and Dell, and raise VC funding of $12 million.
- Developed partnerships with Snowball, ancestry.com, Ask Jeeves and raised industry profile. CEO profiled as leading young Indian entrepreneur in Wall Street Journal, Red Herring, and SF Chronicle. Completed successful acquisition.
May 1999 - Apr 2000
Vice President of Marketing
Company acquired by GetThere/Sabre Inc.
Online site selection tool for planning offline meetings
- Led successful sales & marketing initiatives for ASP travel consolidation solution that closed contracts with Hewlett Packard, New York Life, and Carlson Wagonlit Travel and helped negotiate sale of company to GetThere/Sabre Inc.
- Introduced market research; lead generation initiatives including online promotions, print, trade, and direct mail initiatives; and marketing collateral, including both outsourcing and creating marketing pieces and Web pages in-house
- Demonstrated technology on stage at DEMO Showcase event, a noted technology launch pad, to industry media, insiders, funders and pundits. This demonstration led to coverage in DEMO, Upside, and Red Herring.
1994 - 1998
Director of Software Marketing
A direct marketer of 20,000 PC hardware, software, and peripheral products
- Selected to lead all Internet marketing initiatives including downloadable software sales (ESD), first to market in our channel.
- Developed business and go to market strategy for spin-off company, uBid.
- Facilitated rapid growth and expansion of cataloging programs (including launch of 6 additional catalogs and target segment), oversaw production of all catalogs, with total annual distribution of 46 million catalogs.
- Negotiated strategic alliances and developed promotional campaigns with the top PC software producers, including Adobe, Macromedia, Claris, Apple, Microsoft, WordPerfect, IBM, and Netscape.
- Identified numerous areas for cost reduction. Dramatically improved inter-departmental communications.
- Began as Account Executive and promoted seven times.
1988 - 1994
Touring Theatrical Lighting Technician
- Toured globally with Michael Jackson, Metallica, Guns n Roses, Traffic, Stone Temple Pilots, and Lollapalooza. Assisted with MTV 'Rock the Vote' productions and Emmy, Grammy and Academy Awards. Spent 6+ years traveling the world with renowned music artists and film and television productions.
- Gained excellent problem solving, team building, and motivational skills.
- Experienced a variety of cultures, learned to communicate and motivate teams independent of language.
1986 - 1989
Marketing Software Skills
Music, music and more music. Triathlons, biking, skiing, and gadgets.
Charitable work with Race for the Cure, walking for Melanoma International, Unitus International and Heal the Bay.
Fondness for Eastern European writers and curiosity for LEAN management and manufacturing.
Experienced marketing professional with extensive knowledge of marketing strategy, communications, branding, business development, client relations, product lifecycle management, sales management, and strategic partnerships.
Skills include problem solving, integrated marketing initiatives, business unit leadership, and brand strategy. Noted as dedicated leader and team member, passionate communicator, with practical, no-nonsense style.