Associate Director of Development, College of Business
Oregon State University Foundation
Responsibilities and Accomplishments
- Serve as lead major gift fundraiser for the College of Business in the Portland, Oregon metro area. Personally responsible for securing 12-16 major gifts annually, totaling at least $2 million annually. Also responsible for over 160 visits per year, resulting in the opening of 20-40 major gift proposals.
- Help provide leadership for achieving the College of Business' capital campaign goal of $86.5 million, as part of Oregon State's $625 million campaign. I raise funds for all areas of the College, including scholarships, faculty support, programs, and a large capital building project
- Direct the Portland College of Business Discovery Program, aimed at qualifying 100 new Portland area prospects annually with 50 to be solicited for major gifts by December 2010.
- Co-direct the fundraising efforts for the new $55 million College of Business building, currently in the silent phase. Will lead the Portland metro area effort for this project, with goal of securing $5M in major gifts to the project.
- Manage a prospect portfolio of 120 prospects rated at $25,000 to $1,000,000+. Portfolio made up of senior level business executives working in a variety of fields.
- Work closely with Dean of the College of Business and her senior team to advance the philanthropic priorities of the college in close conjunction with the OSUF staff.
- Administrative duties include budget management, event planning, contact reports, and case statement development.
- Work in conjunction with OSUF Portland VP to market the COB and OSU to the Portland metro area.
Highlights, FY 2010 and 2011:
- As one half of a two-person team, helped lead the COB to its best furdraising year ever in securing $18.9 million for Fiscal Year 2010.
- Developed a comprehensive major gift discovery program for the Portland metro area, resulting the qualifying of 64 individuals as major gift prospects.
- Solicited 45 individuals for major gifts, successfully closing 14 gifts.
- Helped launched the public phase for new College of Business facility campaign, a $55 million project with a $30 million philanthropic goal. Took project public in May 2010.
- Secured gifts for new facility, scholarships, and faculty. Assited donors in using a variety of gifting vehicles, including working closely with gift planning department to help donors make gifts of property, securities, and the usage of CRUT's, CRT's, and estate bequests.
- Helped promote OSU presence in Portland metro area through active community involvment, including participation in Rotary International and as Board Co-chair for The Children's Course, a subsidiary of the PGA's National First Tee program.
- Worked with OSUF leadership, COB leadership, and external campaign cabinet in setting priorities/stratiegies for campaign extension.
Internal Task Force Participation:
- Member, Development Officer Progress Report Task Force.