Assistant Manager / Key Holder
Against All Odds
- Managed set up, delivery of stock, stockroom, floor layout and hiring for new store prior to opening.
- Trained all employees on proper greeting and selling procedures also established store employee structure utilizing various shift, floor, sales, cashier and backroom supervisors.
- Reviewed daily sales, managed petty cash safe and ensured proper customer interactions with all employees.
- Monitored merchandise supply levels, tracked sales, overages, shortages, waste and shrinkage.
- Would regularly open or close store, complete night cash count, deposits with bank and report sales to corporate headquarters.
- Provided support for two other locations in the San Diego area by filling in and sending workers out during times of low staffing.
- Delegated disciplinary action as well as promotions and rewards to all employees within the store.
- Worked with Corporate level visual specialist to create, assemble, and tear down seasonal displays within the store.
- Procured DJ to provide live music entertainment for customers through weekends.