- Recruiting in the non-profit and associations sector for 5 years.
- Recruit numerous positions in a variety of areas from business positions, journalists, program officers, communications, and others.
- Outstanding sense of placing employees that organizations stay for the long-term.
- Started the Human Resources Group on Facebook, which has grown to over 10,000 members since 2006.
- Public transportation
- Walking in DC
- All sports and media outlets
- Pop Culture
- Tony Kornheiser
Sep 2008 - Present
Founder, Owner, and CEO
Tran Recruiting, L.L.C.
- Recruiter and Staffing Consultant for other nonprofits and associations who are in need of their help on their staffing needs.
- Utilize social media to attract talent to nonprofits and associations.
- Brand employers to attract applicants and new members.
Jul 2009 - Present
Serve to support the growth and operations of George Mason University's School of Management Alumni Chapter.
Jan 2006 - Aug 2008
Human Resources Assistant
- Full life-cycle recruiting for domestic and overseas employees, volunteers, interns, and consultants.
- Restructure and streamline the recruiting and hiring process
- Create an alumni group on Facebook
- Implement and monitor Counterpart's performance review plan.
- Assist with human resources plans, policies, and procedures for all staff, domestically and overseas; providing assistance on policies and practices for host country nationals and communicate to Counterpart's employees.
Jun 2005 - Aug 2005
Human Resources Intern
- Assist the Staffing Office with writing weekly Employment Opportunities bulletin.
- Process resumesand updating information in HRIS.
- Perform special projects under the direction of a staff member.
- Assist with updating the Human Resources Intranet web site.
- Working with staff of Benefits, Training and Employee Relations to perform special projects such as the affirmative action plan, Individual Development Plan, NPR's relocation policy, and the Fall semester interns.
Sep 2004 - Jun 2005
- Recruit and interview prospective CTAA employees.
- Administrative duties within the Training and Certification department and the Information Station department.
- Database records maintenance.
- Working with Association's staff to coordinate, develop, and send exhibits that promote the mission of the Association.
- Other mutually agreed-upon tasks.
Aug 2001 - May 2005
Bachelors of Science
- 2005 SHRM Superior Merit Award - George Mason University
- 2005 Student Leadership Award