Team Leader Digital Strategy and Innovation
Brisbane City Council
I am the Team Leader for Council's award-winning Digital Strategy and Innovation Team, who are tasked with ensuring that Council continue to lead in the digital space. I sit on a number of PCG and governance committees at Council and my digital expertise is requested across the organisation. My team of eight has successfully planned and executed a number of high-profile projects and is considered groundbreaking and an example of best practice in the local government space.
Our projects cover digital and social media strategy, web development, e-commerce, wayfinding, SEO, corporate forms, gamification, user experience, agency relationship management, digital engagement and design. We have a particular focus on delivering cost-effective, high impact on brand projects within tight time-frames.
My high-performing team has used digital strategy and innovation to:
- transform a legacy web system to an agile open-source solution, saving $1.5 million over 5 years.
- prepare metric based Radian6 and Social Studio ROI reports to help execute business plans and initiatives including Lord Mayoral, CEO and Chair focused business cases.
- deploy integrated search functionality that has led to a 97% increase in engagement via our corporate website.
- integrate groundbreaking social media with Council's website and various super landing pages.
- create a whole of Council digital principles and tactics strategy, providing thought-leadership, best practice and creative direction for the next two years.
- successfully manage crisis events and G20 web and social preparations and communications.
- develop campaign specific websites for major projects such as Asia Pacific Cities Summit, Cycling Brisbane, Team Brisbane, G20 and more.
- build long term, sustainable relationships at all levels of Council and develop excellent account management for internal and external clients.
- improve community engagement through dedicated web and social portals.