Sep 2014 - May 2015
Social Work Intern
Rockdale Medical Center Hospital
- Conduct inpatient psychosocial assessments on Stroke Certified floor to improve quality of care.
- Coordinate appointments for patients’ treatment needs after discharge.
- Facilitate daily process groups with patients having various mental illness and addictions.
- Schedule family therapy sessions and confirm patients’ safety in home prior to discharge.
- Prepare patient safety plans and identify coping skills to minimize readmission rates.
- Contact shelters to identify availability for homeless patients’ placement at discharge.
- Conduct LOS and DRG Initiative with Re-Admission Initiative.
Aug 2013 - May 2014
Social Work Intern
- Conducted initial patient psychosocial assessment within 30 days of admission.
- Developed treatment and psychosocial goals for initial plan of care.
- Counseled new and current patients and families on treatment options and modalities.
- Provided support, information and assistance in treatment planning.
- Provided assistance to patient and family in adjusting to dialysis treatment and altered lifestyle.
- Scheduled and participated in patient/family care conferences with multidisciplinary team.
Jun 2013 - Mar 2014
Our House United Methodist Boys Ranch
- Provided counseling services and emotional support for 8 to 10 dysfunctional youth.
- Enforced daily program schedule and ensured treatment plans were effectively implemented as directed.
- Engaged in additional learning opportunities including weekly staff meetings, workshops and trainings
- Arranged and accompanied youth to doctors, school appointments and recreational events as needed.
Feb 2011 - Mar 2012
- Observed 10 to 15 students ages 6-16 in their educational environment.
- Analyzed existing data and conducted assessments to increase student success.
- Modeled implementation of behavior programs/strategies in the school environment.
- Provided follow-up consultation to analyze success of behavior plans.
- Assisted with student modifications as needed
Jan 2003 - May 2009
Field Support Services
- Coordinated and executed all phases of passenger and port call transportation nationally and internationally.
- Responsible for and ensuring all documents and records are in accordance with State and Federal regulations.
- Responsible for booking travel for military families for Permanent Change of Station
May 1995 - May 2002
Substitute Teacher/Bus Aide
Phenix City Board of Education
- Managed Classroom coverage K-12 grade classes; assume all classroom responsibilities of a regular classroom teacher, including professional development.
- Organize students for effective instruction.
- Assist handicapped children on and off the bus escort children across the street upon return home; lift children as required; assure responsible adult meets children when leaving the bus.
- Maintain current knowledge of Emergency Evacuation procedure.
Aug 2012 - May 2015
May 2004 - Dec 2010
B.A Human Services/Sociology
Troy State University