Meggitt Safety Systems
Meggitt is a provider of integrated fire protection systems and equipment for aircraft, vehicles, vessels and industrial markets with $120M in sales and 350 employees; A division of Meggitt PLC, based in the United Kingdom with $1.8B in sales and 8,000 employees.
Vice President, responsible for $100M in sales, $10M in program budgets with 24 reports, leading Sales & Marketing, Aftermarket & Customer Services, and Program Management
Recruited to create strategy to meet emerging customer needs for system-level integration and build a global Sales team; within first month, was assigned responsibility for the Program Management Organization; within six months, was assigned to build a new Aftermarket and Customer Services department.
- Created a global organization focused on life-cycle strategy from sales, program management, customer services and product support.
- Established sales organization to meet emerging customer needs with global territory changes, new direct and representative hires in the United States, China and Japan.Selections were based on prior sales experience with complex system-level programs involving DO-178B and DO-254 technologies.
- Created, presented and received corporate approval for divisions’ first comprehensive strategic plan encompassing an integrated technology roadmap.The strategic plan was based on new growth for integrated aircraft system-level program opportunities.
- Developed strategy and received approval within first six months to create an Aftermarket Services organization to maximize profitable sales and to improve customer satisfaction.
- Formulated OEM and Aftermarket pricing to improve profit margins.Negotiated long term customer agreements worth over $10M that blocked competitive threats.
- Negotiated divisions’ first strategic, fully integrated Tier 1 system contract for the Bombardier Learjet 85 worth over $25M, including management of a large-scale Tier 2 supplier.The system includes a new common electronic controller and software module.
- Led multiple new programs awards worth over $40M, including 2 systems on the Hondajet.
- Employed sales agent at Comac, Xi’an and Tianjin, China with proposals worth over $100M.
- Selected new sales agent for Japan’s military programs followed by award of $1M contract.
- Actively participated at customer sites for major program reviews and executive briefings for Airbus A350, Boeing 777F, Embraer Legacy and Learjet 85.
- Assigned to lead the Program Management Office within my first month; implemented best practices, PM training plans, processes and tools; fostered engineering alignment; and defined a New Product Introduction process across company.
- Co-implemented a New Business Opportunity tracker matched to engineering resources and company priorities to improve proposal win success and execution.
- Performed deep dives into all major development programs to establish new baselines, risk management plans, cost to complete estimates, accurate program reviews and to align new engineering resource / time management tool.
- Active travel to Europe, Brazil, China and across North America for executive-level customer sales and program meetings; responsible for major international trade shows.