I am a marketing and advertising professional with over 14 years of experience in account services, media planning, and online program management. By using my background in copywriting, project management, and media planning I will help your team create smart solutions that minimize wasted time and maximize return on your investment. I am someone that comes to the table with workable solutions and a passion to create great advertising.
MEDIA RESEARCH ANALYST
- Captured $1.5 million in new advertising revenue in 2005; $2.25 million in 2006
- Formulated media buying strategies across television, radio, newspaper and Internet properties
- Analyzed and overhauled client media plans to maximize the return on their advertising investment
MARKETING RESEARCH WRITER/MARKETING PROJECT MANAGER
- Developed marketing materials for a sales force of over 100 advertising sales representatives
- Implemented new sales strategies to capture advertising market share in business-to-business and business-to-consumer categories by writing new sales materials and training programs
May 2008 - May 2009
SALES DEVELOPMENT TEAM MANAGER/SALES SPECIALIST APS - MANAGER
- Built and supervised a team of 3 marketing professionals who managed all pre-sales projects for a stable of 14 sales professionals and 20 sales assistants
- Managed a team that drove nearly $3 million in sales within 6 months of startup
- Oversaw team's transition in roles and job scope from DRIVEpm to Microsoft during acquisition
Mar 2001 - May 2008
ONLINE MEDIA MANAGER
- Won International Newspaper Marketing Association Newspaper Marketing Award
- Created sales materials and presentations for a team of 13 online advertising sales professionals
- Developed marketing plans that drove more than $4 million in revenue for the online advertising sales team
May 2000 - Feb 2001
- Wrote branding strategies, Web site architecture plans and marketing plans for agency clients
- Managed the development of client Web sites and banners, CD-ROMs, direct mail and fulfillment programs
- Orchestrated the development of business-to-consumer and business-to-business Web sites
- Successfully managed a creative team of designers, copywriters and HTML programmers to meet client deadlines and marketing goals
May 1998 - May 2000
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE/ACCOUNT MANAGER
Focal Point Communication Services, Inc.
- Landed 18 new clients such as Oregon Special Olympics, Oregon Alzheimer's Association and University of Oregon Alumni Association
- Managed direct mail and fulfillment programs for over 150 clients
- Managed team of account service support personnel to meet client goals andincrease revenue by over 22% in 2 years
Jan 1997 - May 1998
- Awarded second place "1997 Rookie of the Year" for season ticket package sales
- Prospected and signed more than 30 new clients for season ticket packages
- Built client list from zero to more than 50 season ticket packages within 12 months with a 90% retention rate
HABITAT is an immersive two-day campus experience for digital sellers, offering programs that connect sellers with proven concepts and strategies to sell smarter.
Each program includes six interactive courses taught by industry experts, plus engaging lectures, keynotes and rapid-fire discussion groups.
MBA is a real-world, hands-on, "this-is-how-you-do-it", intense media buying instruction curriculum. From the basics to the tricks of the trade, every important facet of media buying -- understanding and analyzing research, evaluating each medium/station/publication, hard-nosed negotiating techniques, obtaining value-added merchandising, reading the audits, to finally posting buys everything was covered and gave me a great base to build upon when planning media buys.