Social Media Expertise
- Published an article on social media in PM360's April 2010 Issue: Social Media Think Tank - What's Hot, What's Next in Social Media. In the article, I suggested metrics for evaluating audience engagement in blogs, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and social bookmarking sites (i.e., Delicious.com, Digg, and StumbleUpon).
- Gaining first-hand experience in building a blog audience, engaging it, and learning what content readers deem valuable by publishing and maintaining a personal blog, Social Media ReInvention Blog.
- Provided advice on social media and inbound marketing strategy to local Kansas City organizations .
- Developed credible online relationships with online marketing thought leaders by commenting on their blogs, initiating conversations via Twitter, and responding to their comments submitted to my personal blog.
- Earned Inbound Marketing Certified Professional designation by completing self-study coursework and passing a certification exam that 50% of the test takers failed (e.g., 1,000 examinees).
- Conducts ongoing research related to online audience engagement and current/future social media trends from leading online resources such as Mashable, eConsultancy, eMarketer, MarketingProfs.com, HubSpot's Inbound Marketing Blog as well as top online marketing authors/analysts such as David Meerman Scott, Chris Anderson, Seth Godin, Chris Brogan, Jeremiah Owyang, Charlene Li, Adam Singer, and Brian Solis.