Advertising, SEM, SEO, Marketing, Interactive Media, Creative Execution, Electric Guitar, Graphic Design, Muscle Cars, Classic Rock, Hiking, Mountains, Beach, Gym, Exploring New Things & Places
Ad Society Committee Member, Reitz Union Board, National Honor Society, Rough Draft Magazine
- Golden Student ADDY winner for my Swedish Fish campaign
- Anderson Scholar of Distinction
- Programmer of the Year (WKPX)
- Won “Best Creative” for my work on a campaign for ProSource Floors.
- My team also won for “Best Campaign.” This was done as part of UF’s “Advertising Campaigns” in which we had to do an actual campaign for a real-life client. ProSource loved my creative work and our overall campaign.
Sunrise, FL 33351 Email: CatoneTony@Gmail.com Phone: (954) 695-5198
Jun 2005 - Dec 2008
Bachelor of Science
University of Florida
Obtained a BS in Advertising with a concentration in Business Administration and graduated with highest honors (Summa Cum Laude).
Apr 2009 - Present
SEO Specialist/Search Engine Optimization
EPIC Search Inc.
- Daily contract work in the LexisNexis SEO program, including writing Meta Titles, Descriptions, Keywords and Social Bookmarks.
- Responsible for reviewing the work of all other SEOs for quality assurance purposes.
- Optimized legal websites for over 100 small and high-profile law firms across the United States.
Apr 2008 - Dec 2008
Advertising & Marketing Intern Leader, Writer
Rickshaw Media Group -The Rough Draft
- Wrote the music column for the weekly humor magazine.
- Advertising sales for Rough Draft and coordinated where the other interns went each week.
- Solely in charge of distribution to street teams, frats and sororities, over sixty businesses and bins across campus as well as all promotions and marketing.
Aug 2007 - Aug 2008
Advertising Chair of Live Bands Committee
Reitz Union Board - University of Florida
- Created buzz for on-campus shows and events put on by the largest student union in the US.
- Was responsible for creating flyers, banners, t-shirts, and online event notices. Other organizations came to me for creative advice as well.
May 2007 - Aug 2007
Creative Assistant Intern
0 to 60 Advertising & Public Relations
- Worked in conjunction with the Creative Department on various projects over the summer.
- Created a logo and brochure for the Center of Applied Catalysis, movie theater ads for St. Barnabus Children’s Hospital, helped on the Calico Corners campaign and booked the talent and location for the GBX Shoes print ad for Rolling Stone Magazine.
- Learned many new skills in design, research, media planning and public relations.
Jun 2003 - Jun 2005
WKPX 88.5 FM
- Was in charge of everything played on the radio each day.
- Scheduled programmers, edited music, created commercials and PSAs, checked every show for content, read news and sports, and screened shows for FCC violations.
- Also hosted a weekly live radio show, "The Blank Generation."
Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
Ad for trade publications. Copywriter/Art
Complete design of our 150+ page campaigns book.
Billboards during storm season. Copywriter/Art
Ad for trade publications during storm season. Copywriter/Art
Direct mail to reflect "your showroom" theme. Copywriter/Art