Research Study Manager
Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL.
As a Research Study Manager I’m responsible for maintaining regular communication with the Officers of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) regarding program administration, competitive and non-competitive renewals, and compliance reporting for the Chicago Developmental Center for AIDS Research (Chicago DCFAR).
- Participate in the ongoing strategic planning process, ensuring adherence to the plan or making recommendations to help the team achieve their desired outcome.
- Serve as primary contact to the NIH providing feedback regarding policies, reporting issues, compliance and management of intra-mural award program.
- Coordinating competing and non-competing renewals, supplemental applications and progress reports.
- Process post-award funding requests, working with Program Fiscal Administrator and Grants Administration.
- Developing agenda and content for monthly, quarterly, and annual Executive meetings.
- Supervise personnel supporting ad-hoc projects and program-wide initiatives.
- Managing changing roles and responsibilities with peers, team members.
- Meeting dynamic work expectations.
- Clearly and confidently communicate and negotiate to manage conflicts and achieve results.
- Use strategic diplomacy to handle office politics, difficult people and demanding situations.