Exceptional communication and writing skills (both formal and creative), eloquent speaker. Experienced in leading crews and working within a team on film sets. Musician with entrepreneurial background as co-owner of a small hometown record label. Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances under pressure. Vast knowledge of movie and music history across broad range of genres. Analytical mind with unique sense of humor and observational skills. Fast and eager learner, always seeking new challenges.
Jul 2007 - Present
• Founded independent record label in hometown promoting eclectic music from local artists.
• Designs and creates unique promotional materials, including music videos and online games.
• Manages social media outreach and promotion through blogging, Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube.• To date, has overseen the release of four full-length albums, two EPs, and various other singles.
Sep 2010 - Mar 2011
• Provided coverage and analysis of scripts and films, including screenings attended outside of work time.
• Covered phone lines, handled mail, aided with deliveries and errands, and performed general assistant duties.
• Created and implemented an efficient, scalable method of indexing movie submissions.
2006 - 2010
Radio Disc Jockey
• Researched and programmed for a weekly show exploring traditional American folk and old-time music.
• As D.J. of various shows over the course of four years, trained “apprentices” to become future disc jockeys.
Jun 2009 - Aug 2009
• Welcomed and attended to visiting clients and actors.
• Performed general studio upkeep, clerical work, and office management duties.
Jun 2008 - Sep 2008
• Planned and organized a summer event aimed at educating children about local history.
• Advertised for the event and ran an activity booth.
Sep 2006 - Jun 2010
Bachelor of Arts in Communication
Focused on film history and theory, as well as social and cultural analysis of law. Earned Departmental Honors in Legal Studies for thesis on controversies surrounding motion picture ownership rights. Directed and wrote a short film, Dwarf Planet, as a senior. Named to Dean's List nine quarters.