Director of Prodcut Development - DEWALT Cordless
Increasing responsibility over last four years to define the global product road and strategy for biggest segment of DEWALT cordless business. Directly supervised 3 product managers in planning new product launches, analyzing potential product enhancements, and updating product plans for existing products. Managed entire product lifecycle from idea generation to post launch analysis. Strong process orientation and intimate understanding of stage-gate driven development, TQM, and lean principles.
- New product development: Used multiple methods, including ethnographic research, to uncover customer needs and combined with technological trends to create compelling product propositions. Reducing weight and utilizing Lithium-Ion battery cells for most recent products.
- Product Lifecycle: Lead on time delivery of highly visible product launch, hitting budget estimate of $8.4M, and on track to deliver a 50% reduction in product warranty.
- Corporate Results: Responsible for three product portfolios totaling 25 products representing $380M in top line sales.
- Leadership: Asked to lead projects and create a common platform across multiple regions including; Europe, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Asia.
- Related positions: Group Product Manager, Senior Product Manger, Product Manger, Asst. Product Manager