Although called BIG, we were a small team of ten creative, advertising and marketing professionals. With one of the main clients being Auckland Rugby and the Blues Super Rugby Franchise. In the nine years worked there, I excelled in working alongside this high-profile sports organisation - being responsible for the conceptual development and execution of advertising campaigns, marketing, team posters, match-day promotions and membership programmes. Also included helping with communication plans, commercial strategy and sponsorship acquisition.
- Helped in the implementation of marketing and communication plans for Auckland Rugby, Blues Super Rugby Franchise, Auckland Club Rugby and Junior Rugby.
- Initiated, created and help launch the successful Facebook App 'Bring On The Banter' to generate more interaction from the Blues fanbase as well as engagement of fans of opposing teams. Fans' comments generated from the app provided the advertising communications for the 2011 Blues Super Rugby campaign.
- Result of the app was an increase in fan interaction and marked increase in fan attendance of Blues home games.
- Art-directed and designed the overall look and feel of the 'Bring On The Banter' application.
- Successfully increased the Blues fan database within the digital and social channels - with increased traffic on the Blues website and on the Blues Twitter & Facebook page.
- Responsible for managing the 'Bring On The Banter' app (CMS) - this involved choosing the fans' comments and creating them into match day advertisements and promotions.
- Responsible for creating, writing and art directing advertising campaigns for the All Blacks tests at Eden Park over nine years.
- Successfully increased awareness of the All Black tests at Eden Park - sole purpose of the communications was to drive ticket sales. Responsible for art directing and writing persuasive copy and advertising communications in various mediums (newspaper, social media and digital). This resulted in test matches being sold out - usually within the first week of the promotion.
- Designed digital advertising and promotional items for the Blues Rugby Website and Facebook page.
- Designed the 'True Blues' logo (Blues fan club) and created advertising & promotional advertisements for Blues fans to join.
- In 2005, led the conceptual development, art-direction and design of Skycity Auckland's sponsorship Ad of the Auckland v British Lions match at Eden Park.
- Also wrote, art-directed and helped in executing the British Lions advertising & sponsorship campaign for Skycity Auckland.
- Led the art-direction and design of the Auckland Rugby and Eden Park membership programmes for 9 years - this involved designing the membership brochures as well as creating newspaper and digital advertisements.
- Led the conceptual development, design and art direction of the 'Rugby First' membership programme - this included designing the RugbyFirst logo, membership cards and creating the overall communications and advertising material for the product.
- Led the conceptual development, art direction, layout and final design of the Auckland Rugby and Blues Super Rugby team posters for 9 consecutive years.
- Responsible for organising photographers and scheduling Auckland/ Blues players for various team poster shoots as well as organising individual photo-shoots for different advertising campaigns and promotions.
- Led and supervised team of retouchers and graphic designers in developing the Auckland Rugby, Blues Rugby team posters as well as the Skycity Cheerteam team posters.
- Successfully revamped the look and design of the Blues Match Day programmes.
- Scripted and edited promotional videos and TVCs for the Blues Rugby team & the 2011 Rugby World Cup Travel & Hospitality Group.
- Developed a solid working relationship with Photosport for use of their library of rugby photographs for promotional purposes.
- Developed and established good working relationships with Auckland Rugby as well as with players & management.
As well as Auckland Rugby, was also responsible for creating, art-directing, designing and writing advertising communications in a range of media channels (digital, print, web, television) for other high profile clients: Land Rover, Jaguar, SKODA, Vero Insurance, Bank Direct, Vodafone, AMP Finance, Skycity Auckland, Barfoot & Thompson, 2011 Rugby World Cup Travel & Hospitality, Auckland City Council, Auckland Travel, Tourism & Economic Development, The Langham Hotel Auckland, Maori Television, TVNZ, and Stuff.co.nz.
Marketing / Advertising Awards & recognition:
New Zealand Marketing Awards, Advertising Effectiveness (EFFIE), CAANZ Media Awards, Caples DM Awards (New York), Best Worldwide Ads Of The Month, Marketing Association RSVP Awards, AdMedias' Ad Of The Month, Orca Radio Ad Of the Month.