- Ngee Ann Polytechnic Undergraduate Scholarship for Wheelock College Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education Studies and Leadership Degree Programme
- RTRC Asia Prize for second most outstanding academic performance
- PAP Community Foundation Prize for outstanding performance in the module 'Human Resource Management'
- The Sunbird Child Development Center Prize for outstanding performance in the module 'Leadership Study'
- Prize for the third most outstanding performance in Level 2.2 for Diploma in Early Childhood Education course
- Placed on the Director's List in Level 2.1-2.2 in Early Childhood Education course in the May and October Semester 2005
Hi and welcome to my Visual CV! I am currently an undergraduate from Wheelock College pursuing the Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education Studies and Leadership. Prior to entering this degree course, I taught in a preschool for a year. Being a teacher has been my aspiration and goal ever since young. The teachers around me have influenced and impacted my life positively. Hence, I am motivated to be a caring and dedicated teacher who nurtures and impacts the lives of many students.
To obtain a teaching position in a preschool. I am motivated to create a student-based learning
environment that supports as well as challenges children’s developments and to develop lessons
based on their interests and providing ample opportunities for hands on learning.
Jun 2008 - Present
Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Educational Studies and Leadership
Jun 2004 - Feb 2007
Diploma in Early Childhood Education (Leadership)
- Graduated with a GPA of 3.6/4.0
Jan 2001 - Dec 2002
3 'A' and 2 'AO' passes
Jan 1997 - Dec 2000
Jun 2007 - Apr 2008
- Planned curriculum
- Implemented lessons
- Created learning centers
- Coordinated festive and celebrations
- Working in collaboration with parents (Parent-Teacher Conference)
- Some administrative work
Jan 2003 - May 2003
Assistant Preschool Teacher
- Involved in children's routine care
- Created teaching aids
- Conducted lessons
Cyberlink Power Director
Windows Movie Maker
Adobe Photo Shop
Microsoft Office Suite
During my work at a childcare, I wrote a newsletter to inform parents of the skills and concepts that were introduced in class. In addition, I also highlighted my teaching strategies.
Assignment: A letter to a parent who has a child with special needs was written to update the parent about her child's progress and ways to support the child. This letter was included in my blog entry.
This article focused on the role of a mentor teacher and underscored my professionalism and commitment towards continuous professional development.