Corporate Communication Manager
Sky is the UK’s leading entertainment company offering multi-platform television, consumer broadband and telephony, the UK’s largest 3G mobile TV service plus an on-demand broadband download service.
- Key member of the corporate PR team, with responsibility for technology, new media and product.Covering issues and crisis management, public affairs support, corporate media relations, stakeholder engagement and corporate positioning.
- Specialisation includes, but not limited to: broadband, mobile, online business unit (portal), interactive, digital, advertising, social media/community, VOD and IPTV.
- Proactively sourcing and managing media relations including writing press releases, talking points and Q&A documents, whilst developing and maintaining relationships across all key media.
- Response handling incoming media enquiries.
- Working extensively on editorial and production of print and online publications and collateral.
- Arranging media interviews and briefing company spokespeople to CEO level.
Online/Social Media Relations
- Responsibility for researching and rolling out ongoing online engagement through web forums and social media applications
- Design, implementation and ongoing editorial responsibility for ‘Sky Views’ corporate blog. First major UK media Company to produce a corporate blog.
- As part of Sky 20 Years campaign, commissioned, launched and seeded a video viral clip, gaining over 1000 views in first week of release.
- Developing Sky’s corporate policy on social media interaction and managing engagement.
- Responsibility for ongoing development of SEO press release policy.
- Key member of corporate communication web site relaunch, working with Investor relations, IT and marketing to scope design and user test integrated corporate site; incorporating rich media, web video solutions and social media applications
- Responsibility for authoring corporate news section of intranet on daily basis/as appropriate.
- Proposed, designed and edit ongoing monthly HTML formatted interactive “Bigger Picture” update newsletter for corporate responsibility initiative
- Author, and distribute daily ‘News Brief’ media monitoring service. Monitoring, collating and distributing daily relevant news coverage to over 5,000 employees
- Provide regular updates on behalf of the communication team to appropriate management and strategy teams
- Responsible, in partnership with appointed press agency, to source media training resources for key members of staff.
- Manage budget stream for third party monitoring, evaluation and press relations suppliers, PR agency and print/production suppliers.
- Work in partnership with internal communications team to author and collaborate on corporate messaging for intranet and internal comms.
- Consulted on implementation and project management of internal ‘Refer a Friend’ talent management initiative. Resulting in a 150% increase in direct referrals month on month.
- Wrote extensive collateral for internal talent resourcing site. Interview preparation advice, CV preparation links and detailed ‘How Do I?’ guides