Objective: Seeking a position requiring an effective and visionary executive. Over 15 years of proven excellence in the management of technology, training and development of personnel and designing and implementing the strategic vision of various organizations. Excellent in the subtleties of collaborating with and development of, technical and non-technical staff. A proven and highly polished capability to effectively translate corporate vision into practical and effective solutions; unencumbered by industry verticals. High level of managerial courage. Promotes growth and challenges others.
Jan 2005 - Present
- Designed company technical infrastructure.
- Responsible for all web design and software development
- Responsible for design and management of custom high volume ecommerce website and supporting architecture throughout SDLC. Apache, JAVA, SQL, .NET.
- Researched designed and implemented interfacing solutions for multiple external client sites (RDP, VPN, XML, https etc).
- Recruited, trained and managed technical development team to support project deliverables.
- Extensive experience in transitioning existing Practice Management Suites (PMS) to ehealthxchange (Medical Manager/Medisoft/Medlook/Centricity).
- Oversee and manage implementation of the product life cycle including defining overall product vision, strategy and design.
- Direct budgeting, tracking, project management, design reviews, quality assurance and testing efforts.
- Direct the development, maintenance and testing of software applications in support of the operations.
- Establish business requirement definitions including functional specifications, prototyping, and end-user testing plans.
- Designed and implemented internal policies and procedures and PMO methodologies.
- Partnered with CEO in development of business concept, key deliverables and timeline for start up Consumer Healthcare Web portal.
- Presented product concept at several Healthcare summits/conferences.
- Conducted business analysis with Healthcare providers.
- Responsible for hiring of Sales/Technical personnel.
- Accountable for overall technical performance, quality and expense management.
- Recruited, hired, trained and developed internal and external technical resources to enhance current performance and position for future opportunities, and aid retention.
Jan 2002 - Jan 2005
- Established Information Security policies in accordance with board directives and corporate charter.
- Primary point of contact from project/program inception to delivery.
- Conferred with company executives and management to plan business objectives, develop organizational policies & procedures and coordinate efficiency of operations between departments.
- Owner and manager of long range strategy and policy development to address ever changing complex business issues, provides leadership to cross functional teams.
- Analyzed strategic planning activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives.
- Performed reviews of new technologies and made recommendations based on current and future requirements. Insures that overall technical and architectural direction is consistent with organizational needs.
- Conducted project reviews for all development projects on a regularly schedule basis - act proactively to remove barriers.
- Conducted frequent client/user ‘needs workshops’ to ensure satisfaction with technical environment, ascertain future requirements/needs.
- Designed, initiated and managed business process refinements across all areas of the bank, (Loan/Deposit Operations/Credit, Commercial/Residential Real Estate and Wealth management) which resulted in increased bank profits (from 13% yr to 25% yr) and reduced employee turnover to <2%.
- Created and implemented web presence of Bank.Created web strategy, and provided tangible results within approved timelines.
- Maintained SLA uptime >99.5%.
- Conducted employee training in areas of Leadership/Management and Customer relationship Management (200 staff).
- Managed outsourced IBM iSeries data processing relationship (Jack Henry).Implemented IT design and documentation standards, policies and procedures.
- Created IT service level standards across internal/external IT resources.
- Supervised technical environment, ensured data integrity across multiple disparity legacy systems, and ensured database performance, or identified appropriate solutions to rectify performance/security issues.
- Designed and rebuilt Trading floor for Wealth/Investment Management personnel.
- Chaired client advisory board for solutions definition and identification.
- Initiated, designed, and presented annual 'town meeting' format presentations to deliver performance and expectations to employee base in a fun yet informative environment.
Mar 2001 - Nov 2001
Queen Mary 2 - Shoreside Project Director
Cunard Cruise Line
Tasked with designing and implementing a robust project infrastructure to support a globally influential $796mm Luxury Cruise Liner project.
- Provided general management for a team of up to 500-1500 employees and consultants.
- Managed Project from USA, Ship built in France, with Staffing in London.
- Overall responsibility for time, resources and budget for $22mm Hotel/IT/Marine Operations elements of $796mm project.
- Designed implemented, trained and managed the setup and operations of Global Call Center operations for Travel related booking, reservations and troubleshooting.
- Oversaw development of multiple custom software applications throughout SDLC.
- Defined requirements for several custom software applications (Room Security, Satellite TV interface, Mobile room status application, corridor navigation tools).
- Responsible for including emerging technologies relating to front and back office solutions to suite a 2004 luxury product.
- Work with business unit managers (and SME’s) to form alliances on projects, operational decision making, scheduling requirements/conflicts and vendor management contract clarification.
- Designed and delivered training to global employee base (1500 employees) in Microsoft Office applications and hotel services software.