Over the ten years I ran this company, I managed a staff of 3 to 7 people. I provided consulting, business analysis, and custom application programming services to Fortune 500 customers. In addition, I provided consulting, web design, and custom web-based applications to help SMBs market and sell their products and services on the Web. Below are some highlights of the many completed projects.
Project Manager / Business Analyst / Developer – Commercial Applications
I designed, created, and brought to market the following suite of commercial applications:
- An ASP turn-key e-mail marketing solution that integrated with ACT, Goldmine, QuickBooks, and Outlook.
- An ASP turn-key eCommerce solution for small and medium-sized businesses.
- A web-based content management system with a built-in HTML editor.
- The technical skills I used were ASP, VB, COM, and SQL Server.
- The business skills I used were sales, marketing, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
Internet Marketing Consultant – Multiple Clients
I created a set of best practices called Internet Business Acceleration. This showed techniques and strategies for creating and marketing a website. These best practices also included how to optimize web pages for Google, Yahoo, and MSN search engines, how to manage pay-per-click accounts on AdWords and Yahoo Search Marketing. I also conducted seminars to business owners on these topics. Through my seminars and consulting, this information helped many small business customers dramatically improve their marketing using the Internet.
Project Manager / Business Analyst / Developer - Ceatus Marketing Project
I developed a visitor tracking and ad revenue reporting system for an industry-vertical portal system called www.AllAboutVision.com. This application took administrative data analysis from days to minutes.This was a web application (ASP) with SQL server stored procedures and an admin interface. I used the Rational Unified Process (RUP), Rational Rose & UML for the analysis and design documentation.
Project Manager / Business Analyst - Consignment Plus Project
My team and I used RUP to generate a 100+ page Business Process Analysis document. This business blueprint contained information for a new web application and also exposed internal process improvement opportunities. These results showed how to rework the clients internal work processes to make them more efficient and generate thousands of dollars in cost savings. I used Rational Unified Process (RUP), Rational Rose & UML.
Senior Developer / Consultant- ADP/Lockheed Martin Project
My team and I spent nearly 2 years working with ADP and Lockheed developers on this multi-million dollar project that was a commercial success.My multiple roles on this project included technical advisor, consultant, and mentor to Automatic Data Processing’s internal MIS staff.I developed the core foundation objects, as well as the most difficult subsystems, and created design and test documents.The tools utilized were PowerBuilder with Sybase SQL.
Senior Business Analyst / Developer / Consultant - ChevronTexaco (multiple projects)
- I led a team that extracted and documented existing applications, produced requirements and specifications for a new merged HR skills analysis application. This saved the company millions of dollars in redundant support and data maintenance.
- I also created a web interface to an existing billing feeder system where I designed and programmed the Web interface and business logic code. I created programmer design documents, and mentored Chevron IT personnel.
Analysis was done using Rational Unified Process (RUP), Rational Rose & UML and ASP/VB COM/ Oracle for development.
Senior Business Analyst / Developer / Consultant - EDS Project
I reverse engineered and re-programmed the corporate-wide network outages intranet system that was slow and extremely buggy resulting in up to 75% system performance increase.I created a project plan which included user acceptance testing and delivered a system that was met with rave reviews.
I redesigned much of the Resource Information System to extend the functionality and to make it more usable.This redesign increased system performance nearly 50%. In order to do this, I had to re-factor several sections of the architecture.