On behalf of your firm, I want to perform the accurate execution of Derivatives Analysis, Structured Finance, Trading and/or Capital Markets Quantitative Analytics having worked as a Portfolio Manager optimizing investment portfolio profitability, and as a Research Analyst mitigating institutional investment risk. As a Mathematician I am adept at valuations, forecasting, pricing calculations, analytic research and implementing techniques to mitigate or hedge risks, while optimizing investment revenues.
Jan 2008 - Present
Guidepoint Global (formerly Standard & Poors Vista Research) Society of Industry Leaders Program
·Consult with institutional capital asset managers (S&P Clients) on various financial topics to reduce currency, credit, investment and portfolio risk through telephone consultations arranged by email on the Guidepoint Global (formerly Standard & Poors Vista Research consultant network.
Feb 2009 - Aug 2009
Manpower Temporary Agency/CIBC
- Make payment arrangements for bank product credit facilities with customers using TS2 (VISA), COINS (loans & PLC's) and Plexus (Excaliber - Mortgages).
Oct 2008 - Jan 2009
Anti-Money Laundering Adjudicator
Manpower Temporary Agency/BMO Financial Intelligence Unit
- Mitigated institutional risk by analyzing accounts for Compliance mandated Watchlist Mgt./Tactical Transaction Monitoring related to Anti-Money Laundering.
- Adjudicated Politically Exposed Persons, FBI, DEA, Interpol Watchlist persons of Interest, Private Client transactions over $100k and Commercial transactions over $500k.
- Utilized systems: RIS, MAAS, CMCI, FACTIVA, Customer Connect, Norkom, Web IR, and ITRACS.
Feb 2006 - Oct 2008
Private Capital Assets
- Advise on investment acquisition, portfolio composition and provide market analysis minimizing risk of loss through capital preservation.
- Achieved returns of 16% on mutual funds and 30% avg. return on private equity portfolios over the last two years.
- Discretionary trading authority on private capital assets, optimized financial structure.
Jul 2003 - Feb 2006
Investors Group/Freedom 55 Financial
- Advise on mutual fund investments, financial planning and recommend tax/estate planning structures.
May 2002 - May 2003
BMO Nesbitt Burns
BMO Nesbitt Burns Registered Representative with Options:
- Stock broker’s license issued by the Investment Dealers Association to trade options/futures in margin accounts for private clients. Completed the BMO Nesbitt Burns training program.
- Advise on trading of investments and acquire high net worth private clients minimizing risk to increase investment profitability and portfolio performance.
Dec 2000 - Apr 2001
Equity Research Analyst
Alpha Capital Management
- Analyze and research portfolio equities, sectors, industries and markets using economic indicators, financial statements, and government statistics for investment risk reduction in a $200 million portfolio.
Jun 2000 - Sep 2000
Michigan Benefit Consulting
- Prepare IRS Form 5500's for Qualified Pension Plans and the attending IRS Schedule (A,D,I,S,T) to maintain 401kand other retirement benefit plans in their qualified tax exempt status.
Aug 1999 - Jun 2000
Portfolio Manager/Investment Advisor
BahamasAir Pension Fund
- Acquired a membership seat on the Bahamas International Securities Exchange (BISX) to invest in bonds convertible to shares of the newly privatized telephone (Batelco) and electricity (BEC) corporations, attended shareholder meetings, analyzed investment opportunities, formulated investment strategy, reviewed shareholder reports (proxies, notices, annual reports, prospectuses)
- Produced the Investment Board Report and conducted fiduciary functions including authorizing trades, monitoring cash positions, acquisitions/divestitures of Private Placements, Rights, Warrants, Government Securities and Bonds to hedge risk exposures.
- Increased investment portfolio value from $15.8 million to $18.2 million through strategic risk management of trading & profit-taking.
- Optimized returns on cash and equity that doubled net income from $0.9 million to $2.4 million.
- Recommended strategies to the Board of Trustees that increased investment earnings by 341%. Performed due diligence and financial analysis on various investment opportunities.
- Forecasted investment acquisition and divestitures through market analytics.
- Managed aggregate portfolio risk by hedging market exposure, utilizing asset allocation modifications, diversification of assets and increasing investment yields.
Jan 1998 - Jun 1999
Mutual Fund Accountant
MeesPierson Bahamas Ltd
- Performed Derivative Margin Account reconciliations in the Treasury Department for futures and option P&L reports against trading statements from Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan Chase and Bear Sterns. Reviewed complex accounts, financial statements, and derivative contracts for pertinent information on income accruals between transaction counter-parties.
- Produced monthly financial statements and NAV by accounting for trades, accruals of interest, foreign exchange, and all transactions using mark-to-market pricing, journal entries, general ledger entries, and trade settlements using MFACT (Mutual Fund Accounting System), Bloomberg and Treasury Department systems.
- Produced Net Asset Value (NAV) share price calculations on 5-6 multi-million dollar int'l Mutual Funds.
- Analyzed securities transaction documents for Portfolio Managers & High Net Worth clients.
- Executed treasury and foreign exchange transactions including interest rate rollovers & refixes.
May 1997 - Jan 1998
Director of Revenue
- Managed a department with a staff of 25 in revenue transactions and technical service.
- Monitored cash payment processing of $1.5 mil per month.
- Expanded monetary controls and customer service efficiency.
Oct 1991 - Dec 1993
First Independence National Bank
- Audited all major bank departments and functions including treasury, proof, credit card, ATMs, vault/teller cash for effective internal controls.
- Reviewed and audited all commercial, mortgage and installment lending documents.
- Represented the Audit dept. in Board credit committee meetings for loan analysis.
Enrolled in CFA Level 1 with the CFA Institute preparing for the June 2010 Examination. Derivative content I have currently reviewed includes Derivative pricing, strategies, Risk Management applications, Futures, Forwards, Options, and Swaps.
Sep 1986 - Jun 1990
Bachelor of Science
University of Windsor
Awarded a Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics with coursework in Operations Research, Stochastic Calculus, Financial Models, Continuum Mechanics, Tensor Analysis etc. Additional courses in Advanced Computer Science (Systems Theory, Systems Research, Artificial Intelligence) and Japanese language. Programming courses in Pascal, Turing, Fortran and Basic languages.