To obtain a professional loan analyst position, utilizing my extensive knowledge in VA loan guidelines while establishing useful mentor and colleague relationships that facilitate professional development.
Wayne Memorial High School
Dec 2011 - Apr 2013
VA Loan Specialist
JP MORGAN CHASE
- Assisted all VA Origination and Operations with VA specific issues that needed clarification.
- Trained,mentored and lead the Certificate of Eligibility Team
- Wrote 120 page VA Reference Manual which was passed onto Legal and is now used by the UW department to reference Chase Policy
- Worked directly with the Chase Head of FHA/VA Credit Risk Management and Senior Vice President of the FHA/VA Underwriting to create a VA Max Loan calculator which is now used by the Underwriting department
- Analyzed specific unresolved VA issues and reported findings to Senior Vice President to assist Forensic Underwriting
- Documented research to re-create the process of obtaining proper Entitlement and to insure loans were salable per Ginnie Mae Guidelines; which resulted in a simple calculator in Excel still used today in qualifying eligibility and entitlement.
- Challenged and corrected policy that conflicted with VA and Ginnie Mae guidelines and reported findings to the Head of FHA/VA Credit Risk Management who verified and corrected the error.
- Awarded Chase Mortgage Banking Spot Award; the first Spot award given to an operations team member.
Jun 2007 - Jun 2008
- Consulted with clients about their current and future needs to help them achieve their financial goals.
- Established an ongoing financial service relationship with clients.
- Used state-of-the-art technologies to conduct credit, underwriting, and financial analyses while also qualifying clients for various loan programs.
- Evaluated alternative loan programs and affordable financing options.
- Educated and advised clients on the home buying process and how to better manage their mortgages.
- Assisted clients through the application to closing loan process and troubleshot any transaction issues.