Position in Clinical Dietetics
- Recent experience in the field of clinical and community nutrition
- Highly motivated, reliable and organized with a positive attitude
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Supervisory and leadership skills
- American Dietetic Association
- Central Valley Dietetic Association
- Student Dietetic Association - ADA Liaison
Jul 2009 - Present
Nutritional Services Volunteer
Veterans Administration Hospital
- Assist kitchen dietitian in assigning used-by dates to stored refrigerator foods.
- Conduct inpatient menu surveys.
- Conduct outpatient nutrition counceling surveys.
May 2008 - Aug 2009
SFSP Site Monitor
Worked both summers May to August of 2008 and 2009 in the Summer Food Service Program with 75 operating sites. As the key link between the sponsor and site personnel I made sure that the sites operated smoothly in accordance with the USDA program guidance and requirements to ensure children received nutritious meals.
- Developed and maintained open communication and cooperative relationships with site supervisors and staff.
- Corrected site problems and gave additonal training as necessary to include review of all site records and reconciliation of meal counts with site supervisor.
- Relayed site problems to sponsor with corrections and recommended solutions.
- Conducted pre-operational visits for new and problem sites.
- Prepared reports of site visits.
- Initiate new procedures.
- Assumed Program Coordinator's position during last 2 weeks of program including all closing reports and site closures.
Jan 2008 - Sep 2008
Food Pantry Assistant Volunteer
Hope Lutheran Food Pantry
- Assist in preparing food to be distributed to local community members
Aug 2007 - Present
California State University, Fresno
- CADE Didactic Program
- Minoring in Gerontology
Aug 2004 - May 2007
Associate in Arts
Fresno City College
- Emphasis on Nutrition