- Over twelve (12) years of project and management experience in the Information Technology (IT) industry, specializing in implementations and integrations with client IT systems
- Experience managing cross-functional, virtual, and multicultural teams
- Simultaneously and successfully managed multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Highly collaborative manager able to work with different teams with different skillsets and resources with different personalities and work styles.
- Additional knowledge in: Recruiting, Team Building, Strategic Planning, Organizational Change Management
- Significant Achievements:
- Managed aggressive schedule for an IT upgrade project, staying within budget that resulted in a positive reference from the customer for the company
- Successfully completed a fixed price project within scope, schedule, and budget which resulted in additional project work for the company
- Managed projects for several customers that resulted in additional funding each budget year during my tenure
Sep 2005 - Present
Total Resource Management
- Prepare estimates, Statements of Work (SOW), and manage the budgets ranging from $25K – $10M for various projects with diverse IT requirements and limitations.
- Monitor cost, schedule, and scope performance throughout the project duration.
- Create reports and provide analysis of project progress including earned value (EV), burn rates, and schedule performance.
- Provide resource projections and report resource usage and needs to management and other project managers for the purpose of maintaining 100% resource utilization across all cost centers.
- Manage and coordinate resources with diverse skill sets, cultural backgrounds, and experience, located across the US and working within a virtual environment.
- Develop resource plans, cost estimates, quality plans, risk plans, and activity definitions for commercial and government IT projects.
- Prioritize team activities and drive resolution of issues across all areas of the projects.
- Lead kickoff, functional requirements, and status meetings for team members and clients regarding the development and implementation of the projects.
Jul 2010 - Jul 2011
San Diego World Affairs Council
- Recruited by Board of Directors to assume management of this failing non-profit 501 (c) 3 organization.
- Doubled membership levels for the organization within a year.
- Coordinated marketing and public relations for all events and programs.
- Worked closely with other similarly focused non-profit organizations to increase awareness of the need for a larger international presence in the region.
- Managed office personnel including recruitment, training, professional development, scheduling, supervision and performance evaluations.
- Directed and managed day-to-day business operations.
- Maintained consistent break-even level when booking speakers and arranging logistics and pricing structures for events.
- Created quarterly reports and presented details, analysis, and status to Board of Directors.
Sep 2003 - Sep 2005
Curtiss Wright Controls
- Managed product development schedules.
- Interfaced closely with software and hardware engineering team to create project timelines and continuously update schedules to reflect current program status.
- Made key decisions on or developed new processes for specific tasks, consulting senior staff, as necessary.
- Facilitated weekly Change Request Review Board meetings.
- Created weekly high-level executive reports to accurately present current department status to upper management.
- Reviewed, analyzed, and evaluated IT management tools and systems and reported results to the engineering director.
Jul 1998 - Jul 2003
- Delivered implementation and systems integration services with client online financial systems within budget, scope, and schedule resulting in consistent repeat business for other services.
- Developed detailed project plans for client deliverables and Statements of Work (SOW) describing the integration of vendor products with Garrison services.
- Identified, reviewed, and analyzed clients’ departmental business and security processes for effectiveness and efficiency. Recommended or created new procedures when necessary.
- Negotiated engineering resource availability to meet client needs for project work.
- Interfaced with end-users and management to define needs of all departments.
- Negotiated pricing structures with vendors.
- Coordinated, marketed, and provided training for IT security user and administrator training courses.
- Organized conferences and trade show strategies to promote the company.
- Managed office personnel
- Directed and managed day-to-day business operations if the IT Security Services Division.
- Held responsibility for successful delivery, implementation and systems integration with clients’ online financial systems.