Managing Director, North America
Responsible for growing Sales Revenue and EBIT for telematics and entertainment products to International OEM's in North America to offset decline of GM, Ford and Chrysler. Also responsible for management of the South America regional business.
- 2008 Revenue at $260 million; growing to $350 million in 2011 calendar year.
- Booked $760 million in new business in 2007 and $300 million in 2008.
- During 2008/2009 downturn, cut costs by greater than 30% to secure neutral cash flow during period while maintaining out year revenue plan.
- Re-established #1 market share position in automotive Telematics products by winning Onstar and Toyota Safety Connect business realizing Telematics revenue at $250 million in 2010. Unique supplier technology partnership in communication modules along with 40% engineering work done in India allowed for demonstration of cellular technology leadership, winning price, and superior software execution plan.
- Utilized previously established India Technical Center and China Technical Center at 40% of total engineering to keep engineering costs low and allow for capacity increases based on demand.
- Employed superior design reliability and market leading manufacturing quality to establish strong position in mobile asset tracking market with award of Caterpillar Nighthawk business and Orbcomm satellite modem business resulting in $30 million annual revenue.
- Utilized vertically integrated technologies of plastic molding and finishing, and Bluetooth RF integration to double profitable growth business with Toyota through 2011. Advantages from this strategy resulted in products with superior cost, price, performance, speed of development and flexibility during development due to internal control of technologies deployed on products.
- Secured supply agreement with Autonet Mobile to introduce Internet connectivity to the car. This will allow Delphi to be first to market with OEM factory installed internet connectivity products with a dominance strategy for both pricing and revenue.
- Achieved 2008 JD Powers Quality Award for single CD satellite radio receivers for market leading initial quality.
- Received 2007 PACE Honorable Mention for Orbcomm Satellite Telematics Control Unit for leading edge technology development.
- Placed Commercial Vehicle receiver manufacturing in Suzhou, China plant to reduce landed cost by 2% and to apply local Chinese supplier cost advantages to the product on an ongoing basis.
- South America JV shares wholly purchased from minority partner in Q2 of 2008 to allow reconfiguration of the operation without interference. During Q3 and Q4, implemented lean manufacturing principles for 30% reduction in labor content per product, and implemented design and material price reduction strategies to reduce 2009 product material costs by 3%.