Marketing Consortium LLC is a consultancy that provides a full range of strategic marketing, communications and business development support to the financial and business services segments as well as to public sector institutions, including: Idea Generation, Research, Planning, Program Development and Execution, Editorial Support, Coaching, Training and Project Management.
Areas of Focus
* Strategic Marketing Planning, Program Development and Management
* Research-Based Strategic Communications, Value Proposition and Branding
* Business Case and New Market Assessment
* Distribution/Sales Force/Relationship Management Coaching
* Integrated Marketing and Communications Programs
Since it;s founding in January 2009, Marketing Consortium LLC has worked with over 70 global and domestic financial and business services firms on a wide range of initiatives. A detailed list of clients is available upon request.
Marketing Consortium LLC Professional Affiliations and Strategic Partners
* M2 Consulting, San Francisco CA, Member Consultant
* Epoch Consulting, Boston, MA, Member Consultant and Member: Epoch Business Advisory Network
* Coleman Research Group, New York, NY, Member: Coleman Executive Forum
* Crimson Consulting Solutions, San Francisco, CA and Boston, MA, Member Consultant
* Zintro, Waltham, MA, Marketing Expert
* Focus Experts Virtual Network, San Francisco, CA, Marketing and Business Development Expert
* Equals Three Communications, Potomac, MD, Consultant
* The Collaborative, Boston, MA, Consultant
* Kane Carlton, Fairfax Station, VA, Consultant
* Transbridge Consulting, Princeton, NJ, Consultant
* River Communications, White Plains, NY, Consultant
* Young & Rubicam, New York, NY, Consultant
Publications and Research
* Analyst insights: The RIA Regulatory And Compliance Landscape, Summer 2009.
* The 2012 Jumpstart Our Business Startups (JOBS) Act and It’s Effect on the Acceleration of Hedge Fund Institutionalization, September 2012
Marketing Consortium LLC Recent Consulting Projects
Strategic Political, Multicultural and Government Agency Communications
* Serve as a consultant to a Washington D.C.-based strategic communications agency that supports communications programs sponsored by federal, state and local government agencies as well as national non-profit organizations; Support a range of research-based positioning and strategic communications programs as well as responses to RFQs.
* Created a comprehensive assessment of the rapidly evolving demand for educational and regulatory communications required by the landmark Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act; Defined financial services industry structure, identified industry regulatory challenges and needs, defined current communications outreach activities across 22 major federal agencies and with all major consumer segments; Specified best approaches to serve consumers and financial intermediaries.
* Served as a consultant to a venture-backed startup firm that is creating and applying new media, digital and mobile technology solutions to change the fundamental relationships among citizens, political candidates and elected officials; Provided strategic input on voter and candidate communications needs, process and experience to secure maximum participation from all parties. Participated in beta test phase and collect user data to optimize offering.
Financial Advisor Coaching Program Strategy and Relaunch
* Managed business and marketing relaunch strategy for the largest U.S. financial advisor coaching organization; Conducted stakeholder and client research, created new multi-tiered program offering, new web/portal user experience and new messaging platform; Planning underway for national marketing relaunch in Spring, 2013.
Proprietary Investment Management Program Marketing Relaunch
* Created marketing and communications strategy, plan and all executional elements for the institutional and retail launch of a new, proprietary investment offering by national investment manager; Developed value proposition and messaging “blueprint”, web portal and mobile app; Wrote white papers on proprietary investment process; Created “pitch books”, brochures, new client acquisition and transition communications and public relations messaging.
Retail Banking Relationship Management Coaching Programs
* Created and delivered premier banking Relationship Manager coaching programs for the third largest U.S. bank; Program focus: value proposition development, enhanced client discovery process, action planning and cross organizational execution; Developed program content, tools and resources; Worked with client to socialize within client organization; Delivered series of full-day programs to relationship management, sales and executive teams.
Hedge Fund Business Process Outsourcing Communications Program
* Created value proposition and communications support for family of technology products that facilitate front, middle and back office operations, accounting and investment efficiencies for hedge funds, hedge fund administrators and prime brokers.
Strategic Marketing Planning for National Custodian and Clearing Firm
* Built process for creating and deploying financial institution’s annual segment and functional plans; Incorporated: VOC input, assessment of competitive activities, prospect and client needs and priorities, creation of segment marketing themes, product marketing plans, brand and advertising, segment and customer communications, matrixed organizational alignment and ROI/metrics.
Marketing and Growth Planning for National Broker Dealer
* Created national marketing and growth plans for financial institution’s broker dealer and advisor segments designed to drive new prospect leads into pipeline, grow share of wallet with existing customers and build overall market awareness; incorporated thematic messaging, marketing, investment product, technology, operations, and service components, calendars/timing and all other executional specifics.
Selling System for Global Securities Clearing Firm
* Created value propositions and capabilities presentations that identify key industry challenges/trends, multiple audience needs and provide solutions for multiple broker dealer segments including: Full Service, Independent, Bank, Institutional, Self Service and Self Clearing.
Strategic Alliances and Partnership Programs for National Custodian
* Created tiered alliance programs with key strategic partners across a range of functional categories including marketing/business development, human capital, mergers and acquisition, compliance and operations; defined program parameters and requirements, promotional strategy and potential partners.
Distribution Channel Support & Relationship Management Team Coaching
* Built new strategic and consultative approach to institutional relationship management for global asset custodian incorporating diagnostic tools, client development planning and consulting solutions; Conducted one-on-one coaching, detailed program reviews, assessment and recommendations of consulting solutions.
Strategic Client Communications for Clearing Firm
* Created audience-directed client engagement strategy for national financial services firm; collected client feedback, identified target audiences, defined messaging, program components, delivery tactics, integrated into overarching firm-wide client communications programs.
Value Proposition and Branding for Regional Wealth Management Firm
* Built investor and advisor value proposition and positioning strategies for regional hybrid firms, large investment and wealth managers and national bank and insurance advisory business; Included audience definition, audience benefits, messaging, deployment strategy through web, national television and print advertising, investor marketing, employee and advisor training and development.
Practice Management and Business Consulting for Global Custodian
* National deployment of web-based financial advisory practice diagnostic tool for custodian that measures and provides recommendations on 31 key areas of practice support under the categories of Client Experience, Business Strategy, Marketing and Compliance, Human Capital and Technology and Key Performance Indicators. Built and delivered follow-up client development plans that identify optimal firm opportunities and proprietary and third party delivered solutions.
Created a tiered offering of RIA practice management and business consulting solutions for national custodian; Designed program structure, defined tiers and corresponding custom/packaged/self-serve support; Created templated packages of consulting support by function, built quantitative model for assessing customer value, access and funding; Built Relationship Manager support: client positioning, FAQs, program fact sheet, program brochure content.
Public Relations and Thought Leadership
* Strategically utilized innovative thought leadership topics and materials (white papers, guides, tools) to create an overarching public relations story line for national custodian; built messaging and defined monthly themes, created toolbox of sales and relationship management support; executed through internal client resources and external agencies.
Built awareness of new hybrid RIA offering from largest U.S. independent broker-dealer in a hyper-competitive market by enhancing selling system with a series of white papers utilizing industry leaders in a “roundtable” format; identified most critical topics/issues, interviewed participants, created editorial content.
Created white paper which examines how the 2012 Jumpstart Our Business Startups (JOBS) Act and its loosening of constraints on communications allows hedge funds to now engage in a wider range of strategic communications and marketing activities.
Lead Generation/New Client Acquiaition for Independent Broker Dealer
* Created national, regional and local lead hybrid RIA lead generation plans for national independent broker dealer; defined prospect experience and mapping to Miller-Heiman selling approach; built lead tracking and return on marketing investment (ROMI) infrastructure, monthly drive plans consisting of direct and email campaigns, web and live events, thought leadership and practice management programs.